The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure theres plenty of threads out there about this already... maybe not. I don't know. I'm looking for a clip-on/clamp-on, small LED fixture that will clip to the rim, or edge of my HOB refugium. I don't need anything powerful, or anything expensive. I know 7W will be enough, I've heard of a nice 9W, but I'm looking to save some money, too. I've been scouring eBay, and amazon, and so far all I've seen was AquaTop's 21 and 36 setup. That's fine, I don't need that much...

I really would love an Azoo 7W LED Clip-on fixture. That's like... the goal, or... what sparked my search. Anything identical to that will work perfectly.

Again, I dont need much. 5-10W would be perfect, and really really reasonably priced. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to read them.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,762 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much! Yes, I've looked into the Macro-Glo, the lamp. I hadn't yet considered the Nano-LED fixture, though, I will look into it. Thanks, again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's going well. Idk if I mentioned earlier that I'm on a budget. A tight college budget.
For now, I've got my desk lamp over it, which just so happens to be a 50W halogen. The only problem is the spacing. At best, to get 0 spill, it sits about half an inch away from the fuge. So far this is a problem because of the heat. It swings my temp like crazy, which I've only solved by keeping the light off. Hahaha
I really wanna try the second one you posted. It looks sweet. I just have to be patient, and frugal for a long time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig's! I didn't think bout that! I just bought a 48 LED 40w, 8b, i think like 7W, for about $.45 on eBay. It's shipping costs that'll get me. This one will actually be a bit big for the refugium, but I'll use it til I find something better.
BUT! I am still hopeful for a better light, eventually.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know? I've been looking around for one. My guy at the LFS told me there's a small one here, but in a big city like Dallas, there's bound to be a good one around, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts