The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....well, here we go....

Top of the morning.....Hi Rick.....and let's get this started.....HAPPY SUNDAY! A summer breeze through the window as I finish my 'morning routine', coffee, and chatting with my 'Fishy Friends' as my Family refers to us as.

Upper 90's return, so forward my mail to the pool/yard for the day.

A trip to the store to replenish grill'n material, then try to catch up on my nothingness from yesterday I didn't finish.
Peace,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! I’ll add Belgian waffles with cut up local peaches on top and Canadian maple syrup too.
I like your idea of catching up on nothingness left over from yesterday. Sounds like a great plan.

Yesterday I heard about Max the Mayor of Idyllwild California. Has anyone else heard of him?

Enjoy reading this…. Mayor Max of Idyllwild, California

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Morning Cath, Hack , and those that’ll be checking in today.
Coffee, Scrambled eggs, links , and hash browns for the training table ,,, oops and this year’s blueberries from out back 👍🏼.

Ended up being busier than I first planned yesterday, after a reboot in the a/c’d shop around noon,,,back n forth of whether to call it a day, or hit it for another “work” session outside. Resulted putting in a 3hr busy time. That much less to do today
Side and back field on the mental clipboard to get lowered in a bit, with prob some string trimmin’ thrown in closer to the casa.

Coffee still on , in case anyone is in need.

Hipe everyone has a great day 👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everyone!

coffee to add today,

yesterday wore me out, I left the birthday party early, to ride a little and didn’t have a key to get in the house and the heat got the better part of me. Had to wait till Kristine got home. I smarter now then years ago. I would have broke in and more then likely do damage I would have to fix. Plus no way Iwas jumping a 6 ft fence.

have a great day

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Mornin everyone. I saw others on and gave way to the larger vessels as one does. Hot and humid here. I am seeing how low the A/C in my office will go. We had a family BBQ out on the farm yesterday and a good time was had by all. You know the food is gonna be good when there is farm equipment dotting the edges of yard.

I had read about that dog as Mayor Cath. I think there are a couple other towns that do it as well. Awesome idea.

Getting stuck outside in that heat is bad Vinnie. We have a pushbutton lock on the side door so don;t have to have a key. I can also open and lock it remotely so I can let someone in if needed.

Perry & Cath if you put those blueberries & waffles a little closer together that would be great.

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Mornin gang, coffee is on. Gotta jump in shower quick and get ready for return to work cycle.
Got a lot of clean and organize done yesterday. Get several bags to take to giveaway. Still got a ton of sorting and filing but I can see the living room floor now and couch and kitchen table

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That 'laughing' emoji Vinnie was inappropriate on some levels and a giggle maker on others.....tough call, but my funny bone won out.

Life close to farms are definitely a game changer Rick......though over the years round here the smaller ones have folded or turned into raising flowers'. Still am circled by a handful, but seems some how the government is grabbing a lot of their crops for whatever they do with it, and the stands aren't as full as the once were.
But did drag more corn and tomatoes and zucchinis home.....still haven't figured out what one does with a zucchini, but Jen seems to do something with them.....are they edible? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Grass cut, pool cleaned, and some chicken defrosting for frying and grilling......burgers and dogs again for food through the day. AIN'T SURE about company, but wouldn't bet all of Perry's fortune against it. 😁
The afternoon and evening with see me/us between the pool, and under the canopy and gun shop......a bench full of wood refinishing going on.

Stay cool, be COOL, and grab all the grooviness Ya can,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Zuchini was never my favorite Hack. I do like a little in a stir fry and many will batter thick slices of it and fry it up. That is good when done right & not over cooked. There are some good zuchini relish recipies too. Great on hot dogs or burgers.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ehhhhh.....Ya had me going for a second there Bro thill ya started messing with hot dogs n burgers. Almost fell for it. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fun times at store, by myself for first hr
.....WAIT......:unsure:......is THAT sarcasm? Alone on a *onday with no one to share the fun almost sounds like NOT fun to me.....
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chicken is fried, and bathing suit is almost dry...,..,THAT will never do! Last cannon ball is is....well, the last dry person.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Zuchini was never my favorite Hack. I do like a little in a stir fry and many will batter thick slices of it and fry it up. That is good when done right & not over cooked. There are some good zuchini relish recipies too. Great on hot dogs or burgers.
Yummmm! I agree with you 100% on not cooking zucchini until it’s mush. Sadly, that is typical of vegetables in the south. Everything is over cooked! Yuck.

By the way, Jeff. I could make me a supper out of what you mentioned and then have some of that zucchini that Rick mentioned and I would be set. Oh yeah are there like the idea of your blueberries popped up on top of the waffles each blueberry in a whole of the waffle. Doesn’t that sound good, Rick?

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Y'All missed a quint essential HOT summer's day dinner.......dripping from the pool, climbed under the shade and had cold fried chicken, Apple wood smoked BBQ'd chicken, nice white corn, and a bowl of jersey tomatoes.
I felt like Henry the VIII dinning.....cobs flying into the 'catch bowl', remains of the tomatoes I suck off the skin, and of course chicken bones which are off limits to dogs.
Didn't have a water melon to spit the seeds into it though....kinda meloned out.

It's cooled way on down to 90......so evening's entertainment will involve sitting in the AC'd home watching Van Helsing......till I nod off of course.
Hack

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Ok I obviously I obviously survived day, , not to too bad,hectick at first hr then coworkers kid in training can in, nice day overall. Came hone and change the pool filters, and refiile the puppy pool; with cleam water. Daughter is off meeting up with old friend, including my HOT surg nurse when I had broken leg fixxed. Was the last thing I saw and first thing after recovery. Yes I could be good friend with her

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Actually choosing cool filter for the Mt and moon was pretty close to what I saw. It's not real obvious but there is a bit of haze but major smoke is moved out. Fire south of us is nasty but staying south of us. So just for reference pic of Furg was taken right after ist shot, no filters, it looks like mid day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts