The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I just got some new zoa's, but one of the frags wont open all the way (?) and upon closser inspection, i noticed some tiny litle insect loking thing walking around on it. Now I know that a reef tank hosts many tiny lifeforms and that when i got it they were all open, so what do you guys think i should do?

Also, I shure you all have some livestock thats behaving oddly in the tank, like my cleaner shrimp seems to just love going around closing the polyps of my yellow polyp and like to take pokes at my zoas, very funy thought. Do your livestock play such games?

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Hopefully they are not zoa eating nudibranches;)

Bad things. They will cammo themselves out to look like the polyps. I'll try to find a pic.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
This is one kind, but like I said they will look different depending upon the zoa:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I pulled two of those out of my tank the other day. Havent really seen any since but now i keep a really close eye on all my polyps, and yes, great pic!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
again great pic, but the things that walk on it are smaller than that... I can't get a pic because it's too small, I'll check how it turns out but it's deffenetly not a nunibranche. Maybe it's my cleaner shrimp that closes it, would a fresh water dip help?

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Well that is a 100mm macro lens. Those critters are less than 1/16" of an inch;) the biggest one I've removed from my tank is about 1/4".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts