The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a hippo tang last night for my dads 125 gal. i watched the tang for close to a half hour to make sure he swam ok ate good and whatnot and decided to purchase him...no signs of ich or illness none of the other fish in the tank looked bad...when i got him home all he was doing was layin down on a rock and has moved to a different rock since then...is this just stress...also ive had success with regular lettuce to a yellow tang...is it imperrative that you feed these critters dried seaweed and whatnot or could i supplemtn roman lettuce for it?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
The tang is exhibiting completly normal behaviors. hippos lay in the bag and hide in weard positions on rocks. Just get ocean nutrition for him on a clip 3X a week

Just to be sure how was it acclamated?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My LFS has a super sale on Hippos this week, 16.00 for a small common austrialian tang, and 34.oo for austrialian yellow bellies.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i could have gotten a sailfin about 1.5 in for $30 but this little guy is about the size of a quarter/half dollar...very shy for now but it is expected...they had Blue Mandarin's for $15.00 i wanted one bad...but they've been in there forever, dont eat any frozen stuff, and rarely go for the brine..never mind they'd be competing...so i stayed away from that super cheap deal...i WAS going to get a snowflake eel about the size of a pencil...literally...but mom said no way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts