The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took down my 75g this past weekend and setup the 125g saving as much water as possible (about 60g). The parameters in the new 125 all read the same afterwords.

Salinity: 1.025
Nitrates: 0
Nitrites: 0
Phosphates: 0
Ammonia: 0
Calcium:420
dKh: 12
PH: 8.15 (max) 7.9 (min)

I had PC lighting on the 75 and upgraded to 250 watt MH on the new tank. After two days all of the parameters are the same except my PH. The lower end is now 8.15 and the end of the photo cycle is 8.48. Is this normal difference when using MH?

I am assuming that the extra surface area of the larger tank is accounting for part of this (moved to a different room as well) and the brighter lighting for the rest. How high is too high for PH?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
This sounds dead on for a tank with normal CO2 exchange and alk in the 10 to 12 range, UNLESS there is some obvious problem with the tank, I would not be the least concerned.

I think you're right on the money.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree. You seem to be pretty much spot on. If you notice any issues with the corals or the inhabs, then you might want to investigate. Other than that I think you are in pretty good shape

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Sounds very normal to me, I have a 135-gallon with MHs.

HHC

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! Just wanted to be sure with all the changes that take place with a tank change and new lighting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts