The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just joined this board ive been around on otehrs but decided to stop bye and check it out...

ive been doing reef tanks for about 3 years now

currently i have a lee mar euro style 180g tank

its mixed with soft,lps,clams,sps,and an anemone

this tanks been up for about 5 months now

if anyone wants i can post more info about my tank such as equipment and livestock

but ill be around so im sure ill be sayin hi soon

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow thanks everyone for welcoming me so fast!

how do i start up a blog?

thanks for the compliment on my tank too

well like i said its a glass 180, it has a center overflow

for filtration i have: a 40g sump, ASM-G4 skimmer, a coralife 36w uv filter, i run carbon 24/7, i have a refuge area for my macro algae i use chaeto which is lighted by a homedepot 150w 6500k fourescent bulb and reflector on reverse light cycle.... my return pump is a pan world 100px-x i also have an auto top off system

i use a MRC-CR2 calcium reactor to keep my Ca and alk at 420 and 8dkh

i have a via aqua cc-50 chiller

for flow i use a combo of a closed loop and seios.... i have 2-1" intakes that join 2 a 2" T down to my sequence Dart pump which returns straight back up a 1.5" return to an Oceans Motion 4 way to create a random flow... i also have a Seio 1500 in one corner and a Seio 820 in the other... i figure i got about 40x's turnover between return pump,CL and seios

for lighting i run 3 PFO mini pendants powered by PFO HQI ballast using Phoenix 14K 250W bulbs... i have PC actinic that comes on before and after the MH lighting

ive got about 175lbs LR 120lbs LS

as for fish i have a blue tang, fuzzy yellow dwarf lionfish, yellow tang, 4 lyertail anthias, mandarin, lawnwomer belnny, daimond goby, siscortail goby, and clarki clown

i have about 3 big turbos and 4 big astreas and about 20 hermits and one serpent star

corals i have differnt things about 11 sps from millis to stag to poccilipora, i have a RBTA, different LPS such as a bubble, frog, acans and blastos, then i have different softies including my colt fiji finger leahter and various other zoo's and polyps and shrooms.... i have a large 10" squamosa in the center of the tank and 2 other blue croceas in my sump cuz my hippo started to like the taste of clam mantle outta nowhere!

as far as maintenance i change 30G with fresh RO/DI and via aqua ocean pure pro salt

my water tests are the following
Am,Na,Ni,PO4 all undetectable
Ca 420
Alk 8dkh
Mg 1350
temp80
saltinity 1.025-1.026

anyways i think thats about it and thanks for the warm welcome hopefully i can be of help at times and i can gather some more good knowledge from u fellow reefers :beer:

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
i look forward to seeing more of your tank!
also we have a photo area that you can upload all of your tnak photos and not worry about the size either.. look in the photo forum and look for the link there. ( please note.. you willhave to log in again in the photo area( top right corner) before you can upload in the members area))

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Welcome to TRT! Yep we love pics and welcome almost demand them. Yours is great by the way.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Welcome to TRT. I joined a week or so ago and it's the best place on the web!

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Welcome to TRT :cool: Awesome looking Tank!!:drool:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

to TRT!
Nice to have you aboard.
Great looking tank. Thanks for sharing the pics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts