The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i now feel officially geeky....
I love fish...yes all of them...including ones to eat...
I thought i would come in and say hey, what would you do with a 38gallon tank, a skimmer, and a 96wt powercompact 50/50 powerquad lamp???
cheers!:dance: :beer:

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Fill it up ,,,til you upsize it! LOL
WELCOME TO TRT!!!!
Enjoy your stay here, ask away , on any questions, look up anything you need to know in our archives (Thanks to Doug)
BTW: you are NOT "Geeky", only in the know , and smart enuf to choose TRT! :beer:
Welcome again, and hope to hear more from you,,,,:)

·
Registered
585 Posts
OH OH.. it's that time :banana: :banana: :banana: :blob: :banana: :banana::banana: Welcome to TRT, the friendlest place on the net!!

I'll second Junkzoo, Fill'er up and upsize. We will help you in any way we can. Got question on lighing, we got answers, Got question on sand beds, we got it...got a question, we got answers.

G

·
hmmmm id sell it and RUN as fast as you can...this money sucking, glass cleanin, 90 bucks a fish charging, coral rtn'n, algae outbreakin, dsb crashin, energy bill inflating, wallet sucking, credit card charging......way of life!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys are so friendly, i thot i was gonna have to peck my way in like a new fish in a tank!
I guess i should let you all know i am not a "newbie" actually i am a pretty well seasoned hobbiest...and i have to confess, i work in a store that sells salt...no it's not a petco, but yes the discounts and availability rock. Now i just need to ask myself if i really need furnature...cause a tank could fit there.
I have been working in retail pet stores for about 10 years and have had fish since i was very very small...and well..it wasn't supposed to be a career. I still got married despite the zoo and aquarium i have in my apartment, and yes he's happy..he just wishes he could eat my cleaner shrimp...something about marinara sauce....oh, and the smell of salt triggers tequila consumption...
I have valuable info on just what species of fish and corals are good and how they do for the average person, plus some alternative aproaches to small tanks...nano's pico's whatever you wanna call them, they are all puddles compared to the ocean
I have the 38 filled with rock and fish it's been runnin' for six months but now the light....ah beautiful sparkling light.....its tempting me do get more corals...
evil hobbie, may cause my divorce eventually....
"my precious, good precious....."
lol...thanks for the welcome!
Oh, didnt list what i got, a small 20hex i have had for 2years with assorted mushrooms, polyps, three fish, a giant green star polyp...sponges, shrimps....a giant gonoporia..a few weird critters runnin' around. yeah it's small, but so are those big tanks..it's all relative.
Did i tell you i run a 225 gallon system at work...and also used to run a 2000 gallon system at the store before that. (moved)
I work eat breath salt all day...lovin' it.

(it's a very big ocean, its a very small tank...)

Valexia
:dance:

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
....in other words...you're in the right place here at TRT!!! So glad you took the plunge :D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Yup! Clint is a legend in his own mind! Oh wait a minute! Does he possess a mind! That would be mind boggling if he did!:D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
c'mon Clint - tell us how you really feel!;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Valexia. Welcome to the board. I have a 20 gal hex, too. I really like hex tanks, well I kinda have to because I have more vertical space than horizontal. I just bought an 80 gal hex to replace the 20. That way I can pack way more stuff in.

There are a few other pet professionals here like yourself. You should fit right in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
valexia said:
....oh, and the smell of salt triggers tequila consumption...
's a :dance:
So that explains it...

Welcome to TRT!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, tequila, silly husband decided to do a water change for me (I taught him a new trick) and i came home from work to find him slaughtered with half a bottle and a clean tank, buckets everywhere..he said "hun, i just cant smell the ocean without craving tequila..."
I guess it's not a bad side effect really...right?
LOL
valexia out....:beer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts