The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
You and me both! I still haven鈥檛 mentioned it to my wife I鈥檓 wanting back in. May do the ole better to ask for forgiveness than permission lol
OHHHhhhhhMAN!......Let me give Ya a hint......I am well known for my saying, 'I may not know the right answers.....BUT I can spot the wrong ones a mile away!'. THAT my Friend smells like the wrong answer. Be prepared to duck! 馃 馃榿
Hack

Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
You and me both! I still haven鈥檛 mentioned it to my wife I鈥檓 wanting back in. May do the ole better to ask for forgiveness than permission lol
I got out of riding a few years back and missed it. I was told in no uncertain terms I was NOT EVER BUYING ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE. Subsequently a situation arose and I handed $2500.00 to my youngest son and he bought one...that is mine...

Just some guy, you know?
Oh boy!!! I hope you have better luck in this area than I did. There's an audio book on Amazon called Never Split the Difference, it's written by a hostage negotiator and goes over the art of negotiation. Might be worth a listen before you have this conversation.

Lol
Whiskey

Administrator
Welcome back Christian! Check kout Wiskey,s nano build since you have woodworking skills. That should set the hook ;)

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh boy!!! I hope you have better luck in this area than I did. There's an audio book on Amazon called Never Split the Difference, it's written by a hostage negotiator and goes over the art of negotiation. Might be worth a listen before you have this conversation.

Lol
Whiskey
Haha yeah I don鈥檛 think I would do that to her. She鈥檚 pretty understanding and knows I switch my hobbies frequently. Although those skills may apply when asking for a raise 馃馃槀

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Welcome back Christian! Check kout Wiskey,s nano build since you have woodworking skills. That should set the hook ;)
Thanks Doug! I appreciate the warm welcome. I鈥檒l definitely have to check that out! My skills are more cutting boards and flags lol. But I can figure out about anything

Just some guy, you know?
I've been wanting to do a nice cutting board! I also want to try an epoxy river table. It would look so good with the tank.

I'll save you a little searching. This is how the 10G looked when it was in the livingroom, now I have the bigger one so this is in my bedroom, and I added a table top around the tank so I can charge my phone. I don't have a picture handy of the new setup.
IMG_0656 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_0683 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

This is done in a very traditional style of course which matched the Townhouse, but my new house is super modern so one day I may update the style. I really do love the look of well made oak pieces though.

Whiskey

Registered
I made a cutting board that had a lip on it so it would sit perfectly of top of the sink with a drip groove and hole to drain liquids off the board.

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I've been wanting to do a nice cutting board! I also want to try an epoxy river table. It would look so good with the tank.

I'll save you a little searching. This is how the 10G looked when it was in the livingroom, now I have the bigger one so this is in my bedroom, and I added a table top around the tank so I can charge my phone. I don't have a picture handy of the new setup.
IMG_0656 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_0683 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

This is done in a very traditional style of course which matched the Townhouse, but my new house is super modern so one day I may update the style. I really do love the look of well made oak pieces though.

Whiskey
Oh man that鈥檚 beautiful! I love oak. But man is it expensive. Very good quality work gone into that. I love the tank layout as well.
I鈥檝e worked a lot with epoxy. I鈥檒l see if I can鈥檛 upload a few boards

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I made a cutting board that had a lip on it so it would sit perfectly of top of the sink with a drip groove and hole to drain liquids off the board.
That鈥檚 awesome. I never knew so many people make them till I started making them lol. Now I鈥檝e made a ton of errands the past couple years.

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First multi layer epoxy logo. Board wasnt finished

There鈥檚 one of my favorite boards to date

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
One of the toughest flags I鈥檝e ever had to build. We had a firefighter get in an accident here and passed away. He was in front of the school on his way to pick up his daughter which is close to my daughters age. I didn鈥檛 personally know him, but this hit hard. The department tried to buy it. I told them they couldn鈥檛 give me a million dollars for that flag. They were mourning the loss of a friend and brother, no way was I going to make them pay.

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Soooo I talked to the wife today. And she was fully on board 馃く She told me when I sold my tank that I wasn鈥檛 allowed to have another one. But she also told me she was mad when she said that. She鈥檚 all for me getting back in. Even went back to the LFS today 馃槈

Just some guy, you know?
Soooo I talked to the wife today. And she was fully on board 馃く She told me when I sold my tank that I wasn鈥檛 allowed to have another one. But she also told me she was mad when she said that. She鈥檚 all for me getting back in. Even went back to the LFS today 馃槈
Whew HOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm super happy to hear that! Welcome back!!!

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
First multi layer epoxy logo. Board wasnt finished
View attachment 241850
View attachment 241851
There鈥檚 one of my favorite boards to date
One of the toughest flags I鈥檝e ever had to build. We had a firefighter get in an accident here and passed away. He was in front of the school on his way to pick up his daughter which is close to my daughters age. I didn鈥檛 personally know him, but this hit hard. The department tried to buy it. I told them they couldn鈥檛 give me a million dollars for that flag. They were mourning the loss of a friend and brother, no way was I going to make them pay.
View attachment 241852
Wow!!! That is fantastic work! Great job, and especially for such a great cause!

You had said that you have worked with Epoxy in the past, have you done epoxy river tables?

Whiskey

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Water Blue Rectangle Liquid Wood
Table Rectangle Road surface Wood Asphalt
Water Blue Rectangle Liquid Wood
Wow!!! That is fantastic work! Great job, and especially for such a great cause!

You had said that you have worked with Epoxy in the past, have you done epoxy river tables?

Whiskey
Yeah I was surprised she was on board with me getting back in the game. Looking at a 32.5 gallon fluval flex setup. Not wanting too big for the maintenance. I think that size is the perfect balance.

I鈥檝e never done an epoxy river table, but have done a river cutting board once. Was definitely a learning curve. But my most experience in it was making epoxy covered flags

Just some guy, you know?
View attachment 241913 View attachment 241914 View attachment 241913 View attachment 241914 View attachment 241913
Yeah I was surprised she was on board with me getting back in the game. Looking at a 32.5 gallon fluval flex setup. Not wanting too big for the maintenance. I think that size is the perfect balance.

I鈥檝e never done an epoxy river table, but have done a river cutting board once. Was definitely a learning curve. But my most experience in it was making epoxy covered flags
Both of those look amazing!!! I may IM you with questions one day.

I love a tank size around 30G, it's big enough that you can have a couple fish, and it has room for a skimmer, but small enough that maintenance isn't too much of a chore. One day I will probably upgrade my 10G to a 30G, but I have so much work in that stand and enclosure that I'm not changing the system for at least 5 years.

Whiskey

Whiskey

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Both of those look amazing!!! I may IM you with questions one day.

I love a tank size around 30G, it's big enough that you can have a couple fish, and it has room for a skimmer, but small enough that maintenance isn't too much of a chore. One day I will probably upgrade my 10G to a 30G, but I have so much work in that stand and enclosure that I'm not changing the system for at least 5 years.

Whiskey

Whiskey
I can鈥檛 say I blame you. Once you get it going it鈥檚 hard to switch. I think I kept my 30 up for 2 years till I switched to my 75.
But yeah man. Hit me up with any questions. I鈥檓 no expert by any means but I鈥檝e done a lot with epoxy

Shark..but a friendly one
BEAUTIFUL WORK Christian!

The world taunts me with the chatter of tanks...up grading....down grading.....
I'm thinking a 30'ish would be too small to keep me enthralled after the 210.....but want something wayyyyyy smaller. I really should get out there and kick some tires to get the juices flowing. Still THINKING in the 60-90 range. Jen keeps saying a 100, and Hack keeps saying a 10 so he has extra money for his BAM runs.
Hack

21 - 40 of 59 Posts