The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone on here will remember me. But I was in the game for several years and life kind of got the best of my reef tank. Lost a lot of time I could spend with my tank and it suffered drastically. Ended up selling it all to a good friend of mine before it got real bad. But I want to start small and more than likely stay small. I鈥檓 looking at the fluval 32.5 flex tank. Something small but big enough I can have a decent variety in coral. Anyone have this tank on here? What鈥檚 your thoughts and opinions on it. Thanks everyone

Shark..but a friendly one
......OUT-A-MY-WAY.....MOVE, MOVE, MOVE......

CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!! A BIG HEART FELT GROOVY HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
Hack

Whelp now that we got THAT out of the way.....
Man I will shoot anyone if they say, 'they let the tank get in the way of their life'!!!
Don't fault you a bit Pal. I've had my 210 reef on 'cruise control' more than once......good that it's a BIG softies tank.

I am also kicking the idea about down sizing our reef this winter, and starting up a MUCH SMALLER SPS reef.

Man Christian don't be a stranger.
Hack

Ohhhhh yeah.....,those 3-4 frags of GSPs you blessed me with years ago......,They love our system.
Water Vertebrate Blue Azure World

馃 馃憤馃

Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
......OUT-A-MY-WAY.....MOVE, MOVE, MOVE......

CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!! A BIG HEART FELT GROOVY HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
Hack
THIS IS NOT A DRILL> I REPEAT - THIS IS NOT A DRILL.!

Welcome back @Twoface14. I would have been here sooner but made way for Hack. I have no opinion as I am new but I look forward to seeing your new tank!

.......See....We real folks around here, not just 'passing cliches'. ;)
There were 3 of Us at one point that always seem to post together, and spend a lot of time on each other's Threads.....Even were called the Three Amigos......Christian, Matt, n Me.....Actually Tim was darting in and out with us as well....better make that the Three Musketeers, who'm everyone knows were actually 4!
Hack

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome back. It鈥檚 been a very crazy past couple years. Had another baby, this time a little boy. My job was requiring a lot of attention this past year due to the Covid impact. I was one of the lucky few not to get laid off, but also meant doubling down on my work. I would be lying if I said I didn鈥檛 miss our every morning chit chats we had. Felt like a side family I had here. I plan to take this a lot slower this time. I would love a large tank again but don鈥檛 think I can handle all the extra work. At least with a smaller 30 gallon I can do 5 gallon water changes and be good. Not sure when I鈥檒l pull the trigger on the tank itself as I have to ease the idea back on my wife. But she misses it as well. And Hack, I hope you and your family are well brother! I鈥檝e missed this

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good day , always welcome here, look forward to watching you build your tank, once salt in the blood it鈥檚 always is.
You鈥檙e absolutely right. I鈥檝e hated the decision I made a few years ago to get rid of my tank. But it was the best decision for my tank at the time. Saltwater will always be my favorite

Premium Member
You鈥檙e absolutely right. I鈥檝e hated the decision I made a few years ago to get rid of my tank. But it was the best decision for my tank at the time. Saltwater will always be my favorite
I been out for a number of years, sometimes life throws you a curb ball, I recently back with a couple of builds myself. I have more time now as I am retired.

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I been out for a number of years, sometimes life throws you a curb ball, I recently back with a couple of builds myself. I have more time now as I am retired.
Yeah I鈥檝e got 27 more years till I retire 馃槀馃槀馃槀 but I鈥檓 not rushing that at all. My wife just recently got a teaching position so I can ease off of my side work I was doing. I鈥檝e been working for a body shop on the side for a bit now and also got into woodworking. I鈥檝e made custom flags and cutting boards for hundreds of people now. But I鈥檓 easing off that now that I don鈥檛 have to do it. I enjoyed it, but the wood increase killed my profits and I can鈥檛 rip people. But that鈥檚 a different story. I went to my somewhat local lfs yesterday and spent an hour just looking around. Told my wife it was dangerous bringing me to a place like that lol. I鈥檓 getting the itch again

I went to my somewhat local lfs yesterday and spent an hour just looking around. Told my wife it was dangerous bringing me to a place like that lol. I鈥檓 getting the itch again
Yeah......THAT'S right about where I am now. Still can get away with the phrase 'IF' for now.....but afraid once I see the TANK I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT.....afraid 'IF' won't fit the situation any longer. :rolleyes:
Hack

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah......THAT'S right about where I am now. Still can get away with the phrase 'IF' for now.....but afraid once I see the TANK I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT.....afraid 'IF' won't fit the situation any longer. :rolleyes:
Hack
馃槀 yeah I know what you mean. I don鈥檛 want to rush anything and make rash decisions. But have definitely missed my little slice of the ocean. Now I can afford to do things a little better this time so I won鈥檛 be skimping where it counts. I need to get a game plan on my fish stock as a 32 gallon won鈥檛 allow for much. One thing I do know this time is NO damsels 馃槀

Sponge
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm looking forward to the tank build!!

Whiskey
You and me both! I still haven鈥檛 mentioned it to my wife I鈥檓 wanting back in. May do the ole better to ask for forgiveness than permission lol

1 - 20 of 59 Posts