The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Clownfish & Anemone Guy
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone in oregon is currently keeping a heteractis magnifica or ritteri anemone?

if so....pm me please!

thank you

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
never even heard of it

(i know this isnt helpful, but i didnt want your thread to go unanswered any longer) :p

·
Clownfish & Anemone Guy
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never even heard of it?!

in my opinion its one of the most stunning anemones! theyre the most commonly photographed with clownfish. usually perculas. purple or red base, with several bright green with purple tipped tenticles?

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showt...181172&highlight=heteractis+magnifica+ritteri

this guy has a small one....theyre exceptionally difficult to keep alive, but if you have the right set up...its possible it can work. so i was just wondering if any body has one currently.....

thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ron I used to have one for about a year. I had to remove him about 1 1/2 years ago...he grew just too big. Here's a pic of him way back in June of 2001:

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I was in Upscale last, they had one - that was about a month or so ago. I wish I had the room. It was very nice looking. Also, WAVES had one about 4 or more months ago. But I think it is gone.

I have heard they are very difficult, but if I had the room and I found the right specimen I would give it a try. It does worry me that Steve ran out of room :>) I currently have several rose and green BTAs and a Haddoni carpet anemone. I find with good light, a good set up and proper feeding that these anemones are not hard to keep.

A gentleman on reef central kept one for a very long time, until a week or so ago when he had a full system crash. You would fine old posts by him if you search.

Good luck,
Connie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts