The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning and HAPPY TUESDAY TO ALL!
53 heading to 83F with a fair chance of getting wet latter.

Coffee is on, and nothing more ambitious than a handful of chocolate chip cookies probably for the drive in.
Too early to really evaluate, but the air looks kinda clean out there.....fingers crossed They're making headway with the fire.

Hope nice stuff await All,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,644 Posts
Morning Hack, Rick and everyone to follow.

Still getting my feet wet with Autodesk Inventor. This is a 3D program for modeling all of our creations. This is nice to be able to see if everything fits inside of an operator console, for example and move things around. I can also pull parts and let the laser people make all the holes in an enclosure or install conduit and other facilities type things.

Going to be hot and dry for a while. I am planning on doing a little bit on the car for the next couple of days along with beating down the jungle. Our house is supposed to have classical type flowers and trees, not massive weeds. Going to be another season to get it all dialed in.

Frankie the black lab is getting fixed today. He is by contract not allowed to be bred. Also, the dog park and doggy day care will ban misbehaving male dogs.

Coffee is on. Enjoy your day folks!

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Perry, and all of TRT! I pretty sure that Vinnie will chino
before and finish my post.

Okay no more dozing off while you try to post, Cath. 🙃 I just ripped out my whole beginning statement about the menu.

Thanks for the coffee and chocolate chip cookies, Hack. Since it’s so hot, I will put out access of cereal choices, nanners, early peaches, and blueberries. Maybe Jeff bring some of his blueberries for breakfast sometime this summer.
Hack - hope your day is smooth!

Rick, how are things going at your work? Since you are in a heat wave,🥵, we will throw some ice cubes up your way.

Perry, that was a great post. Have fun projects going on at work.
Best thing for Frankie and his playmates.

Jeff, I forgot to ask you about your sister’s Electus parrot. What color is he? And how in the world and the trim a beak without getting bit? The thought of a bite from that big give me the shivers.

TidY our wellness center is doing a fundraiser for Alzheimer’s disease. between 9 and 11 AM, you’re supposed to go to the gym and do some sort of aerobic exercise or use aerobic machines and make a donation. This afternoon they will have an ice cream social and you can make a donation there as well p, and then there will be a corn hole competition and you can make a donation there too. Last year we made about $2500, and the goal for today is $2600.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,423 Posts
Mornin Perry & Cath. I haven't had AutoCad for years & was only 2D then. AutoCad 14? Decades now I suppose. Absolutely loved working with it though, I did all the blueprints for a large renovation at a hotel I worked for to speed up the process. We hired an architect but costs were reduced as he only had to make small corrections to my drawings. I can't imagine what is possible in 3D now.

Cath work is brutally slow during the week and just busy on weekends. Once school is out we will pick up a bit. There are still some COVID related requirements at the bnorder and I think that is making us less attractive to the American tourists this year. They are usually about 60% of our business. The big project hasn't been green lighted yet. I have already started working on it behind the scenes so maybe I have a bit of breathing room when they give me the go ahead.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Good morning all,

Just doing my morning routine with the fry.
Another pot of coffee to add to the mix.
Did I say another hot day here in the south. It’s a sauna here so far this week. Means the gulf water are warming up, they are calling for an active hurricane season.
Our niece from Albuquerque will be here this week to visit with her son, been about 8 years since the last time we saw them. Have a great day

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Late morning/almost afternoon all.

Welcome to the first day of summer, dunno if a high of 98 here is a harbinger of what the rest of summer will be like🤔🤷🏻‍♂️🙄🥵.

AM grub store run in town,,, good/bad I was hungry as I strolled the aisle. One of the many things I picked up was a jar of giardiniera at the family owned ( lived next door to the founder/then son / and his son-current CEO, in my high school daze) chain in town,, $6.48. Stopped after to the closet to home /“ grab stuff and not need a cart” grub store catering to “bargain / lower spending ability “ customers,,, and they had it for $4.40,,, shame on the “we buy in bulk for all our 15-20 stores and pass saving on to our neighbors “ store. Same on me too, shoulda ‘membered what I paid at the closet place when I got the current jar,,, oh well.
Rant of the day over,,, over $2🤷🏻‍♂️🙄🫤.

Cath, the pro’s have it figgered out how to spa day parrots etc. a well placed towel does wonders with containing a amped up boid when humans are doing stuff to it , and they ain’t happy with. I myself have not trimmed beaks( Sis’s parrot’s beak wears oddly and needs a lil trim now n then,,, not typical for most fids) will find a stock online pic of both male and female Eclectus,,, Sis got a male Eclectus first, then a female was available to adopt a few years after. Males are mostly solid green, gals are red ( wish it was that easy for other critters if.when that info is needed).

The plan today was to lower the back field and mow tween the rows o blueberries , until I heard on the radio this morning that seems like the weather guessers moved up “the” hot day a day ahead 🙄.
That said, unchecked the box that had “outside anything” for the day,,,,,

Parrot children here are enjoying a slant on their usual fruits n veggies,, corn on the cob and fresh fruit cut up instead of the usual frozen stuff.

Pics below of male/female Eclectus parrots
Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼
Bird Vertebrate Beak Organism Parrot
Bird Nature Macaw Beak Parrot

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Aftereve all, work was OK. warming up. I need to dig out shorts as temps are gonna get neat Century mark for my weekend. My friend is getting a nice Cataraft sometime this week and I am sure a maiden voyage is in store.
Prepping dinner, might cater to LF. or not, depends onm how its going in packing city.
need to take pup out and spend time with her, Hoping LF will let JorgeE come up the hill with us for a bit, he needs a break as well

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My friend is getting a nice Cataraft
Elaboration is required.....What the heck is THAT? I'll hazard perhaps a twin hulled raft?
Hack

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Into our Tuesday night.

Having storms in the area, so intermess is sketchy.
Rain has held off so far, but NO WINDS the past 2 days.....greatly assisting our firefighters.

Fish fillets with mashed spuds and corn for dinner......check the WARNINGS on your pace makers before you grab my cocktail sauce.....remember I add just enough ketchup to classify it as cocktail sauce rather than pure HOT horseradish.....YES, there is a tint of red in there!

Speaking of food, better go check in the desert category.....

Was a hard working, but honest day at the creek,,,,,pretty day as well.....came close to warm, but don't think it made it.

Hey Rick.....did I hear Ya say the kids are still in class up there? I'm pretty sure the 1st, IF NOT certainly by the 2nd wee our teachers are out selling Fudgy Wudgies on the beach.

Ain't got near the patients Jeff, but they sure are amazing to look at. (y)

Peace is the word,
Hack

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Evening all, long warm day to work, buzy and mid 80s, was tired when i got home. Got side tracked haveing to tear apart the pool filter I cobbled up for upgrade.
Hack yes a Cataraft is 2 inflatable tubes held together by a framework that allows you seating, oarlocks, gear storage, etc Catarafts | NRS The boats in link are from Idaho, but the one my buddy is getting is built here near Grants Pass. They are faster to row than a convential raft, as you only have the 2 tubes creating drag but they dont carry as much and are a reallt wet ride since you dont have a bow per se to block waves. They are great for running big rapids and waterfalls because they punch thru waves and dont fill with water like a regular raft does

1 - 14 of 14 Posts