The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......fasten them seat belts!
("A new beginning.......a 'Let's see if I can actually take it easy and still be '*e'?")

Coffee is going, and been up since 4:30a......early enough to see 3 of the sleepless over crew still up n about.....barely. THAT changed, they're OUT COLD now.

*id 80's today, with a chance of *orning showers......and the HOT STUFF *oving back in by *id week for a while.

Tough re-*otivating one's self after 6 days off......4:30a is a suckie way to start this.
Let's go see what lies beyond our *orning coffee.....PEACE,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Hack Vinny Eick and cath if she wants to, since we have the new chat screen up,, how about a game of online Trivial Pursuit, do they do such a thing, I mean reefing and motors, cars and boats are OK but we wanna get more people involved?
We spent a large part of our weekend, with the 'sleepless over' crew as well, playing Trivia Pursuit.....I love the ga*e, but the one's that created it didn't know all the 'right answers', so there's a LOT OF WRONG ONES. 馃榿 When I called it quits for the night, the kids were going strong out in the yard still playing.

Yea, I'd be up to giving TRIVIA a whirl.....the 'WHATS WHENS n HOWS' will need tweeking. Drawing folks in is the hard part. When we first tried this with MUSIC TRIVIA it was pretty lonely.......
Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Mornin Hack. 67F here and still. 85F with low humidity later. Good day. Hope everyone else is on their way to a good one too.

That fire looks bad Doug. I hope you skirt it!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top of the *orning Rick.

Seems we're sharing the sa*e weather.

Yeah Doug, that fire looks HUGE!
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Morning Rick and Hack.

The owners like my skills at getting things dialedin at work. The kids were leaving with empty braising tanks, no fittings and crap like that. Also, one guy would work and others would stand around.

Moving to the shores of Lake Erie.

Hope you all have a great day.

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Rick, Perry, Doug, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! I鈥檒l set up a bowl fresh fruit cut up into bite-size pieces and giant peach muffins.
Oh yeah, I bet it was a rude awakening for you to go back to work after so many days off. Getting up at 4:30 is a real shock.

Oh, I thought you guys meant you wanted to play the board game Trivial Pursuit at chat. But I don鈥檛 know how that would work.

Rick, I checked out your thread about your 120鈥 if I remember the size correctly. Interesting discussion about silicone you want to use. I鈥檒l keep following it.

Perry, good to see you! If you鈥檙e gonna move up to the shores of Lake Erie, where is your new job?

Doug - Oh that鈥檚 a rude awakening to be called from the alarm account company in the wee hours. I hope you were able to go back to sleep.

75 now I鈥檓 going up to 85. We鈥檙e supposed to have a thunderstorm at noon. It would be great if we could somehow get the extra water in Kentucky over to Northern California. feeling kind of lessless this morning, but I bet once I get my chores going that will energize me for the day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning all,

Everyone is up early today. Busy place .

Perry good seeing you check in.

Doug bummer on the early wakeup . Even worst you had to get out of bed and drive in to check things out.
It鈥檚 going to be raining here today and fir the next 4 or so days.
I got my computer worked out, I really messed up and deleted google when I was thinking I was deleting YouTube only. Google is my platform. I had to try and retrieve everything. The worst part was all the passwords, I can鈥檛 hardy remember them. But pretty much got things going.
Have a great day

Super Moderator
Morning all,
Back from taking Max up north for his vet cold laser treatment,,, every day he sees to get better .

Awaiting the Prime van to bring the part for nephew鈥檚 a/c fix, and will prob overpack with tools etc I prob won鈥檛 use most of em to prep the compressor to install the repair wire leads to it. Some damage from heat/bad 鈥渓ectricty connection to one terminal,, hoping nice n gentle works for making the repair 馃馃徎馃檹.

Hot n humid today,,, could be worse

Hope everyone is having a great day 馃憤馃徏

Administrator
So at almost 4 am when I checked everything here ar store it was all good inside temp was 83. When Shiela came in at 630, breakers tripped, fans off and up to 93F. Trying to cool it back down

Super Moderator
Morning all,
Back from taking Max up north for his vet cold laser treatment,,, every day he sees to get better .

Awaiting the Prime van to bring the part for nephew鈥檚 a/c fix, and will prob overpack with tools etc I prob won鈥檛 use most of em to prep the compressor to install the repair wire leads to it. Some damage from heat/bad 鈥渓ectricty connection to one terminal,, hoping nice n gentle works for making the repair 馃馃徎馃檹.

Hot n humid today,,, could be worse

Hope everyone is having a great day 馃憤馃徏
Glad to hear that Max is doing better every day. Keep up the good work, Max and dad!

Hope Prime delivery has come already so that you could get going and repair your nephew鈥檚 AC. How far away does he live from you? Not that it matters鈥ou鈥檇 go anyway.馃槀馃槀

Doug - Eeesh with heat upon heat where you are! I hope N Cali gets some useful rain!

Super Moderator
Cath, 45 minutes or so,,, 10 or so minutes from Sis鈥檚 house . 鈥榋on has the part showing up as early as 2 hrs from now and/or later,,,,,,, hoping earlier the better.
Loaded up the truck with prob more tools n stuff than I鈥檒l need/use, but rather give em a free ride ( my school books had the same luxury, heheh) and not use em, instead of not bringing this/that and wishing I did .

Ouch Doug, harder for HVAC to catch up than maintain a temp,,, the lil country store by me is a hot box if/when the a/c goes out there,,, does not help when the freezers etc are pumping heat out when chillin the interior of em.

Now that most of the truck is loaded up, think I鈥檓 just gonna 鈥渃hill鈥 in the shop here until the big blue van shows up,,, then the 鈥淯gggh馃サ鈥漜an begin .

Administrator
Oh ya, I know all about trying to get heat out. Would have been ok if breaker to fans haven't tripped after I did walk around early am.
86ish but humidity is still neat that. Have a red flag warning for more Tstorms till midnight. Lightning and wind no appreciable rain. It's gonna be a long summer

Administrator
OK we have few local fires, no biggy, Went up to the high school where the Helitac was based out of, gonna try for pics if I can find em
Cloud Sky Aircraft Vehicle Rotorcraft
Cloud Sky Vehicle Aircraft Helicopter
Cloud Sky Helicopter Vehicle Aircraft

Attachments

Administrator
I dont know what the little spotter chopper is, I need to reseach, the one taking off is one of 3 Suger Hueys ( out of 3) that are modified for fire fighting, I was trying to get pic with them hauling a 500 gallon bambi bucket for dropping water
Cloud Sky Helicopter Aircraft Helicopter rotor

Administrator
Ah there it is, thats a 250gallonm dipper bucket, they make them in 500 gallon as well, The Sikorsky S 60 usually carries a 100ga tank with remore pump as well as 10 Self contained Fire Fighters. The one I helped build had a 2500gal tank and and a dip snorkel that would empty my 18" pool in less than a monute and could soak a football field in a 10 second pass

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
During the flood of 2916 when I was stuck on the overpass for three days , the military choppers landed on the ramps to bring water and as a staging zone . It was raining most of the time. But they never brought MRE鈥檚. That and airboat鈥檚. I ended up helping the elderly get on the boats and off the overpass. I had 4 dogs was one reason I stay back for the three days

1 - 20 of 28 Posts