The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Drum roll please......
A busy, perhaps even a long day, full of variables beyond our control lie ahead for us.

HAPPY SATURDAY Y'ALL! OK, we got THAT.

Heading into the creek, but as of yet I don't know if'n the power has been restored over there. PLAN-A requires being getting out of work BY NOON TIME. THAT has to happen! Then leaving home by 1:30-2:00 so we can get to Greensboro by night fall, which is advertised as being a 7 hr. drive from here.

I've lost my ability to drive in the dark, barring EMERGENCIES, so wherever we are when the shadows get long, is where we'll be stopping, and just drive further in the wee hours AM.

Coffee is up, and DD's for starters.
Peace, grooviness, and CROSSED FINGERS to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and DD, Hack! I’ll add breakfast fajitas, nanners, and local peaches.

Hope all is put back together at work today.

Sending you crossed fingers for work and your trip.

Book discussion fir me this morning. Not sure what else is going on today.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Hack hope work goes quick and easy. Safe travels and good luck with the pup.
100 + is getting tedious, no idea where the day wii go

·
Super Moderator
22,174 Posts
Afternoon all,

knocked out a lil bit of mowing this morning,,, rain started teasing that it was gonna happen but of course never really occurred, after I put the lowering team away.

Blyth’s sister brought her Outback back a bit ago from Indy. Next is to get it detailed ( I bought Blyth a full detail package gift card last year) then see what Carvana/ CarMax will offer for it . My sister used Carvana for her car when she got my dad’s RAV4 last year, she said C-Vana gave her more than CarMax ,,, with covid n such, Blyth did not rack up the miles like usual with Indy trips and going on across the country road trips/vacations… so luckily the Outback has decent/“normal” mileage so that won’t ding a price/value for it.

A shower and sitdown reboot completed , prob not much else in store for outside efforts, Will prob call it a day, and chill now…

Hope everyone is having a great day!
( And that Hack has a safe trip👍🏼)

Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
22,174 Posts
,,, and speaking of herons etc. Sis texted me this pic of a visitor to her backyard pond,,,,

Pond is fairly large , but located at a corner of her fenced in back yard. The thinking / hope is , that critters looking for a easy Koi meal, might not feel cozy n comfortable with the 6 ft of fence along 2 sides of the pond.
One of her dawgs alerted her to something other than a squirrel etc. was at the pond , so when Sis saw the the hub-bub was, she let that dog out of the sunroom to do the running at/barking dog thing they do… hope it got the message that the pond is not a boid buffet.

• Wow
Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Hiya, Doug and Jeff!

Doug, hope your work day was decent in spite of the mean temps outside.

Jeff - That’s some fancy dealing with getting the best dollar for the Subie. Hope it all works out on the super plus side.

Great story about the Great Blue Heron spying on your sis’s Koi pond. Fantastic looking fence too!

If we get lucky, Hack will check in with us tonight.

Listening to Mountain Stage on the radio. Tonight’s program is classic bluegrass. Love it!

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Hi Cath, not working till sun am, took the Dawgs up the mountain to photo the valley. With fire N/S/E of us the smoke is drifting in.
Puter issues require all day reset and restart. I will post parade pics and view from top pf the world, FWIW 98F at 4300 ft elavation

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Doug - Scary conditions with excessive heat and fire all around!
Looking forward to those pix whenever, what with confounded slow puter reset issues.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If we get lucky, Hack will check in with us tonight.
Count Yerselves lucky then! 😁 Got on the road by 1:00, and after 8 hrs of driving, just made it to the North Carolina line on 85 S......absolute bumper to bumper the entire way on 95 S. Eyes gave out for the night, and will get an early start and do the last 2 hrs to the meet up.

Will chat in the am, pooped now.
Peace,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,030 Posts
Done with the reinstall, trying to get bookmarks, passwords etc back. Got this far
Smoky and hot. Pic from top of mountain, I live down in the valley. I thought i had more parade pics but I was working

1 - 10 of 10 Posts