The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is this thing in my tank

its an oval shape like a snail but with no skell..........its on the glass............it has two long tenticles coming out of its head

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in the reflection i can see a mouth..........it has a mouth like a turbo snail.............this thing is the size of a nassarrous snail though

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
sounds like a stomatella to me, hard to say, it should have a tiny shell on its back, if not, maybe some type of slug/nudibranch

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think its a slug

i just got a better look............its grayish smooth...........no shell........two long antennas and a mouth like a turbo snail...........but this thing is small like a nassarrous snail..............god did it come in my live rock............where else......is this a bad thing............god i want my fish only back..........there's no place like home...........there's no place like home...............there's no place like home

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got a better look.....small like a nassarrous snail....greyish.......mouth like a turbo snail.........no shell.........two long antennas coming from its head

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sounds exactly like a stomatella snail, the shell is like a small cap that you can't really tell is there unless you touch it, it's generally clear or the same color as the animal. anyway yes it prob came with the live rock, The first time I looked at my tank after dark with a red light i saw 7 of them, They're generally noctournal and they're good harmless algea eaters

jd

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
its easy to figure out, WATCH IT, if its always on your corals, remove it, if its just cruising the rock or glass, more likey it eats algae, happy guy!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its all over the rocks and glass............happy guy right............i just looked in am im like i didnt buy you where did you come from and what do you want from me

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
ionracing said:
its all over the rocks and glass............happy guy right............i just looked in am im like i didnt buy you where did you come from and what do you want from me
it will get worse before it gets better, there are so many weird things in tanks, last night around 4 am i caught a 7-8 inch bristle worm sneaking around, dont like those guys, not when they are that long anyway.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was just about to go to bed when i saw it again......this time on the front glass so i got two pictures...............what is this thing it just appearded today.............i am assuming i got it with some of my LR.................what is it and is it bad or good

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts

Nocturnal snail, Stomatella spp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts