The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
They are not AEFW's but it is hard to tell from the picture what they may be.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just wondering because it came off an acro that is dying for no apparent reason, however, I treated each and every piece of coral that came into the tank.

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
Well I haven't seen the AEFW in person only on the computer, but doesn't look like them. Some sort of worm, but I am unsure. I am sorry for not much help. I am sure someone out there has a better idea.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the link Dwight. Most definitley not AEFW. Probably just a coincidence that I saw that on a coral that was struggling then. Oh well, I TMPCC'ed it anyway. I guess we will find out soon if they are bad or not. :(

·
Registered
748 Posts
Probably just a random scavenger that's eating the dead acro tissue, death being caused by something else most likely.

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
no problem, hopefully you don't lose anymore colonies :(

mtfatwork said:
thanks for the link Dwight. Most definitley not AEFW. Probably just a coincidence that I saw that on a coral that was struggling then. Oh well, I TMPCC'ed it anyway. I guess we will find out soon if they are bad or not. :(

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
dirk griffin said:
Try them with some sugar, they might taste pretty good
Hey! no funny stuff on TRT.....how much is the sugar your selling:drool:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
dirk griffin said:
Try them with some sugar, they might taste pretty good
I think they are the ones you find at the bottom of a Tequila bottle.

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Havre said:
I think they are the ones you find at the bottom of a Tequila bottle.
:beer::lol:

I agree with Havre and Tutmos. First I thought I told you two (Mary & Dust) to stop drinking while doing tank maintenance... You spill into the tank and then what??? It's not like spilling it on the floor or the counter where you can get a paper towl... soak it up.... and then ring it out back into a glass for consumption. :D As far as the worms eating the acros I think Tutumos is exactly right. Which came first the chicken or the egg... or in this case which came first dead tissue or worms??? If you had some die off you will ave a variety of creatures feasting on it. They are most defiantely not flatworms. To be safe look for the egg clusters. If you want try and do a search for flatworm pics on this fourm. I posted some quite a while back and I think I had some good shots of egg clusters. You really can't miss them.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
MMMMMMMM! When's dinner Mary and Dustin? I prefer salt and pepper though.
Looks like a peanut worm that I had pulled out of one of my live rocks one time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts