The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who didn't see the other thread:
My royal gamma has some sort of parasite. I qt it for a week seemed okay so moved to main tank. Hid in cave couple of days and when he came out again he had a bruise in top of head. Bruise soon turned to bubble and could see tiny white things swimming around. I put it back in qt with some stuff that said would kill parasites. Have I done enough can I do more?

How long should fish be left in qt anyway? I thought a week was plenty. He had no abrasions or anything when I transferred to main tank. The other fish are all fine.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I'm not sure what he has, but I suspect you have done all you can for him tonight. What is the name of the medicine you put in the QT?

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was late and had to go to wally world. It's called quick cure "fast relief for Ick and other parasites." Ingredients are Malachite green, and formalin. Also go some melafix but not sure if I add now or after the parasite treatment.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very active and good appetite. He had finally gotten used to everything and was out most of the time which is why I noticed the bump that went from the bruise to the blister within a matter of hours.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Hang in there, and let the medicine do its thing.

Make sure to keep the QT water as pristine as possible, too...nothing wrong with W/Cs in the QT. :)

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope water is in great shape. My qt was my origional setup before transferring most of rock, fish, corals etc. Left some rock so keep up filtration and still been doing wc once a month since it had no bioload. Tank has been running great for 3 years.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update. Its only been hour or so since dosing and already the bubble is gone "burst" maybe. Don't see anything crawling on him either. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts