The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a look into the tank last night (not that I don't every chance I get) and saw something different. FLAT WORMS - these aren't red but brownish in color.

I started to siphon them out as much as I could, but is there anything that will eat them and still take regular foods.?

Yes, I'm guilty - I haven't been dipping the stuff that I get from the LFS or from trades. (something like safe S E X dip it) You better belive I will start "dipping" everything I get from now on. (little late :eek: )

·
Registered
778 Posts
strong water motion limits the area where flatworms can survive. and as for a predatory species, the sea slug "chelidonura" eats flatworms.
hth,
:cool:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i heard the good white flatworms, eat the red flatworms. dont know if this was in my head, or if there is any facts to base it on.

also, i'm not usre if you can actually buy white flatworms?

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I have white flatworms. The most I have ever seen in my tank at one time was like 6. So, I can get you one, but it might be a while before I can catch it. heh heh

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
The seaslug doesn't do well in high currents. It's a catch-22, really. Beautiful critter, but very delicate. We lost ours after only a week.

I'd siphon as much as you can, and read about the new flatworm eXit product. (Jenn had a thread going on it a few weeks ago)

Good luck. If you just noticed them, you have a good chance of beating them.
Danielle

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks All for the replys. I have been doing a lot of searching on RC and yes the Exit sounds promising. I have been siphioning out as much as I can see, there's a lot I'm sure that I don't see. I will be getting a bottle of Exit and will use it and freshwater as a dip as well.

Might be overkill but i just don't want these to get a "foot hold"

:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.