The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My protien skimmer is in my sump in a cabinet. The collection cup is extremly difficult to remove with the space alloted not to mention almost impossible to remove without spilling a little into the sump water. I have a Tom Aquatics dosing pump for my overflow, i was thinking i could purchase another one and suck the crud in the collection cup out and into a bucket with one. Is this a good remedy? Any suggestins are appreciated. Also i have recently put in 50 lbs of live rock and there is some debris on my tank floor, i went to walmart and purchased a cheap siphon tube and tried removing it with that, but the siphon just removes water and doesnt remove the debris. What does everyone else use to remove that debris and also for cleaning sand later? I saw the python set up on MD, but it appeares tap water would go into my tank?? Please advise, Thanks reef masters!

·
Registered
827 Posts
you could mod the skimmer cup by drilling a hole in it and fitting a drain line from the cup to a jug or bucket shouldnt cost much and should be easy to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts