The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Welcome to TRT William! I think jerry may have 'nailed it' for you......BLUE is definitely a benefit with Corals. I run my lights, 'LED's' pretty much 100% blue channel, and 50% whites. My experience is with 'soft' corals, and my GSP's and Kenya Trees love this combination. If you're interested in PAR readings, I'll fetch them for you.

From what I could make out from your pictures, everything looks 'happy' to me.

All the best, and hope other's chime in shortly for you.....weekends are hit or miss with folks out n about,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,294 Posts
Hey William......this is a novel concept to me, and sure to a lot of people on here, not that you use a 'service', but you're sharing that with us. So you have my curiosity pegged........does your 'service' offer a breakdown of what they do when they work on your system? We'd love to see what some of your 'readings' are.

Your system looks pristine from what I can see for a one year old tank. All these clues go hand in hand trying to offer good advice......age, water quality, lighting 'kind' PAR readings, water flow, maintenance......water change intervals, 'dosing', when Corals are added ect. This is a fantastic hobby, and you'll get a thrill out of it more when you do go HANDS ON eventually.

But if you think about it, ask your service if they can give you a print out of the HOW'S, WHAT'S and WHERE'S.....not only for us noisy people here, but for your reference in the future.

Hack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts