The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gallon reef with shallow sand, 15# live rock, aqua maxx hob skimmer, aquaclear hob filter, some zoanthids, mushrooms, 2 oscellaris clowns who have been in for several months and are healthy, 2 turbo snails, 3 red legged hermits amd 3 nassarius? snails. Everything seems healthy. My tests are all zero, sg = 1025. I change 15% r/o water every 1-2 weeks.
My problem is I got a dwarf angel who hid and wouldnt eat and died after <1 week. Now I just got a yellow watchman goby just yesterday, but he is mostly hiding and not eating. Its probably too early to worry, but I don't want to lose another fish if I can help it. I feed flakes and frozen shrimp. Any suggestions or will he come around. He had been at the lfs for over 8 weeks.
Thanks alot:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yellow watchmen gobies are usually very hardy. I have had mine for 2 years now. I would give him some more time to adjust. Mine typically has burrows or hiding places he can retreat into throughout the day. Once he becomes more adjusted you should be able to see him more frequently. He never misses a meal, that is for sure!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I feed him a wide variety of frozen food typically. Most frequently it will be mysis or brine. He actually eats a lot of my pelleted food whenever I feed that as well. Typically he sits by his hideouts and will let the food drift towards him and he will grab it. Sometimes when he is really hungry or finds a piece he particularly wants he will go up and grab it from near the top, but that is somewhat rare and he will typically sit on the substrate or hover 2-3 inches from it. For the first month I had him he always hid in his caves for the majority of the time with basically just his head poking out. Whenever I enetered the room he would fly to his nearest hideout and stare at me. Now he is out all the time hanging out on the bottom and he will come out and greet me when I come up to the tank.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, stupid question. I don't feed much food at a time because I'm always concerned about over feeding. I'd usually just put a few flakes or mysis in at a time. Enough for the clowns to eat. Do I need to be putting alot more food in so some gets to the bottom? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts