The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Long time no see. I was able to post a couple times yesterday. Work is driving me nuts. I have spent most of the last three weeks traveling to and from Kentucky for my company. I really need a new job that doesn't require all the travel. For four years I had to do almost none, then I get stuck on 2nd shift, and have a baby. Its like the company "sensed" I had a new born baby, and decided "hey we better get him to traveling right away so's that he doesn't get too attached to it". So sure enough back to Kentucky first thing in the Morning.

So as a result my postings have gotten neglected, as has my tank project. I was able to get it tore down and moved into the house yesterday afternoon. I even got my south down put in, just so I felt like I was making progress.

Thanks to everyone who suggested white instead of woodgrain. The 60g looks HUGE now that its in the house, and the white stand blends well enough with the walls that it doesn't appear to take up that much room.

After I get back from this trip to Kentucky I should be done for a while. Then Its off to LA for a week (brother in law is getting married). Then HOPEFULLY sometime in the middle of August, I can start filling the tank up.

Welp back to work, just wanted to let you all know I hadn't passed on. And see if any of you have any job openings?!!!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
27,666 Posts
Nope, I din't. I don't sweep ;)

J/k good to see you travelin' Dave

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Do you still vacuum with that 1960's antique? :funny: :funny: :funny:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:funny: you guys crack me up.......

dave hopefully everything calms down soon enough for ya..

on the upside, you are quite a few steps ahead of me. mine is still in the garage. still awaiting pumps, overflows, and the rest of the plumbing. THEN i can bring it in and finally put my southdown and water in it.

figured that outta put a smile on your face :D

·
Administrator
47,619 Posts
You guys crack me up :)
Don't you hate when work interferes with reefing :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Geez Dave and Jay. We had a real race going there for awhile... Looks like the rabbits turned into turtles (j/k) :funny:

We want pics when the tanks come together. :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mnreefman,
what no faith in me.. "I thought for sure jays 75 would be set up and cycling"....why don't you just say "I thought for sure daves would be in the garage when his son graduates from high school in 18 years".

J/k

G

·
lol
i was trying to say that sublimanly...but akoy i thought for shure dave would be sitting in the garage collecting liscenceplates from different states and ol hubcaps found on the interstate...;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I did have a HUGE advantage when Jay and I started.....purchased pumps, skimmer, Factory build overflows....heaters, ballasts etc......If I put as much DIY into mine as Jay is planning...well lets just say I would gather up at least 48 states worth of Plates before it got done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts