The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next sunday, I am getting my first fish. Here is what I want. I am only going to get the watchman goby on Sunday.
-2 percula clowns
-1 flame angel (is he too big. I hope not, I really want one)
-1 watchman goby

that's it...oh, and a cleaner shrimp. is this acceptable?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nope, a 29G tank is the minimum size for a dwarf angel (Flame or Coral Beauty). You have a good list there. Enjoy them.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
yeah i agree the 2 percs and the watchman will be good in their you may be able to get one more small fish, i would suggest a royal gramma, but they can become aggresive/territorial sometimes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
woohoo! This is not too high of a bio-load is it? I want to keep them stress free, and I don't like looking at a crowded tank.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is_that_a_fish said:
yeah i agree the 2 percs and the watchman will be good in their you may be able to get one more small fish, i would suggest a royal gramma, but they can become aggresive/territorial sometimes.

Wait, is this a yay or nay on the flame angel?!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It's a Go For It!

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
yeah i think you should be able to do it with room to spare IMO

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to jump and click my heels. I think I shall. Join me if you like in a heel clicking fiesta! I'm so excited.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also want 6 or 7 corals in the mix in a month or so. Does this change anything?

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i dont think it will change anything as long as you do your water changes and other regular tank maintanance (spelling?)

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i believe some are pretty reef safe but its a coin toss he either will nip at everything or he wont touch a thing...but then again there are some special ones who only go after the most expensive corals.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
had to be a catch. Drats! What other fish are reef safe with such great color. I think they have the brightest color I've seen. I really want one. What if they are fed regularly?

Tank raised would probably be much less likely to eat corals right?

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i think its more out of curiosity then whether or not their hungry. Think of it as a buffet, you are very full, but then you see something that looks tasty...even though your full you still have a bite. Another cool fish is the sixline wrasse...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
darn that extra helping. I guess I have more in common with fish than I knew. six line wrasse, interesting but equally risky in my smaller tank.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I, too, wanted a Flame Angel, but the 50/50 isn't very good odds to me so I got a 6-line wrass and I love her!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts