The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love recommendations for a cool fish or anything else cool I could add to the tank.

Right now I have...

- 35 gallon tank w/ live rock
- 2 clowns (one big, one small- I think they have paired cause they swim around together)
- 2 blue-yellow tail damsels
- small hermit crabs, and small snails

I really like colorful fish- any suggestions that would fit?
I really wanted a tang, but I know the tank is too small- any other fish that are like tangs?
Anything I could add to the tank like starfish, or eels, things like that, that would fit in the tank?
Are there any anemones or plants that I could add with a regular tank light?

·
Doc Holiday
2,378 Posts
You are quite limited with the size tank you have. Also the damsels are aggressive so more passive fish may be beaten up on.. You may wanna look at dr fosters and smith under there fish for nano tanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Heya. Ill give u some advice regarding the corals. Regarding the lighting many corals need a specific strong light source I.e t5 or led. However there are some soft corals that you can get for instance are some mushrooms, however, for the likes of anemones, it may not be strong enough to support growth. What lighting do u mean by normal. Also, many corals are added to mature tanks (3 months to a year), in order to succeed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heya. Ill give u some advice regarding the corals. Regarding the lighting many corals need a specific strong light source I.e t5 or led. However there are some soft corals that you can get for instance are some mushrooms, however, for the likes of anemones, it may not be strong enough to support growth. What lighting do u mean by normal. Also, many corals are added to mature tanks (3 months to a year), in order to succeed.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for you response. When I said "regular light" I meant just the LED that came with the tank- not a light meant for corals. Can mushrooms or anything else like corals thrive with the simple LED lighting?? My tank has been established for 3 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.