The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a pair of red sea clown fish who LOVED their green bubble tip anemone. The anemone died because of a sudden spike in nitrates, fortunately it was the only tank inhabitant I lost. It took me about 4 weeks to stabilize the tank and get control of the situation.

In the meantime, the girl clown got attached to my purple/blue tip hammer coral, about 8 inches in diameter. Started hiding in it, protecting it from her arch rival dwarf blue angel and so on.

Now that the tank is stable, I went to the LFS last night and bought another bible tip new. She made herself right at home, chose a place within 2 inches of where the old one was and bubbled right up looking all purty and happy.

Here is my problem: the darn clowns are totally ignoring it, minding their hammer coral. What gives? Are they eventually going to go in it?

Thanks in advance for the help...

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
Clowns are weird like that. They may go to it, they may stick with the hammer, they may decide a powerhead looks better. *shrug* I have two anemones in one tank and my clowns stay in my elegance instead. I have four anemones in another tank and they want to hang out on the powerhead instead. They just pick whatever they want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts