The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Giant Blenny
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got this candy cane coral and its was all inflated but then like 20 minutes ago it like deflated and these little white things came out and they are hard what are they??

·
Registered
16 Posts
sounds like feeder tentacles, it is very common for Candy cane corals to feed after the lights in the main tank are off. Try feeding it some Brine shrimp or mysis. I feed mine brine and cyclopeeze (zooplankton). HTH

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
those things are extremely hardy. I have a feeling the post before me are correct its just happily looking for food.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
This is not a real good photo...but this is what a candy cane looks like when it opens up to feed:

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Yup...that looks like a po'd candy cane...the "white" is the skeleton showing through because the "flesh" is completely retracted. Give it a day or two and see if it "pumps" up.

·
Giant Blenny
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i think its gunna take a little longer because it fell last night :) but they are doing better

·
Registered
122 Posts
give it a day or two it will be ok, i did the same thing the other day and now mine is just fine. You can super gule it in if you want to, so it dosen't keep falling.

Steve

·
Giant Blenny
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok but is there anything bad that im looking for?? like stuff in the gel that will kill stuff??

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
ok but is there anything bad that im looking for?? like stuff in the gel that will kill stuff??
Super glue is safe...you can even use it on an open wound for a bandage...it will not hurt anything in your tank...you do need the gel kind though as the runny stuff just dissipates in the water...I have personally just wedged the dead end of the skeleton in between some rock work rather than gluing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts