The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
I got a new watchman goby on Sunday, and everything looked great!
He is a smaller fish in comparison to the rest of my tank, but seemed to settle in nicely. He has been eating fine, and took up residency in the front corner of the tank.
Today when I checked on him, he was covered in raised white spots! I inspected the other fish in the tank, and none of the others have these white spots. What could this be? I have seen ich in freshwater fish, but it doesn't quite look the same in this case.

Here is the specs on my tank:
75 gal tank, with a Marine time LED reef light bar.
Plenty of live rock, with crushed shell bedding.
Pulsing Xenia bundle
Sebae anemone
Goniporia
2 Clowns
Yellow Tang
Engineer Goby
Blue Damsel
Yellow Tip Blue Damsel
Red Firefish
Mandarin Dragonette
3 turbos
10-15 blue and red crabs
black tuxedo sea urchin
bristle starfish

I am going to retest my water with its parameters and will post those asap.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Using the kit I have here are the parameters I got:
0ppm Nitrite
0ppm Nitrate
~0.0ppm Phosphate
0-.25ppm Ammonia
7.4 pH

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
It could be the other fish are all fine because they're not stressed. Being the new addition could have stressed him some. And the engineer goby may be picking on him, they generally don't like other bottom dwellers near by.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be the other fish are all fine because they're not stressed. Being the new addition could have stressed him some. And the engineer goby may be picking on him, they generally don't like other bottom dwellers near by.
The Watchman has seemed to settle down on the opposite side of the tank from the engineer. He seems to look about the same, if not slightly better today than yesterday. Should I treat the tank?

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Treating the display tank for ICH will kill all invertebrates in it and make it unable to sustain any inverts in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts