The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get my lights wired up tonight as it is my only night off for a while. after reading the fulham diagram, i am even more confused. someone who can help me wire these 2 vho bulbs please connect the lines for me.

first is the fulham diagram

Attachments

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
and here is what i have in front of me. i wired both sets of red wires together, as thats what the diagram looks like and it is what i remember chewie mentioning, but from there i am lost. i made a loop out of the single yellow wire, but that did not really get me anywhere.

anyway, thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
workhorse7 ballast, same one that is in the first diagram. there are 4 red and 1 yellow wire coming out of the lamp end. the other wires are all part of the power plug assembly.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
krux, hope this helps.

my ballast is wired very similar to yours. but instead of two sets of red wires, i have one set of red, one set of blue, and one set of yellow.

here is how mine had ot be wired.

one pair of red wires to ONE end of ONE bulb. one wire on each connector (both red)

one pair of blue wires to ONE end of ONE bulb. one wire on each connector (both blue)

in your case, each bulb would get a pair of red bulbs on ONE end.

on the other end there are two yellow wires. you run ONE yellow wire to one connector on one end of one bulb.

you run the other yellow wire to the other ocnnector on that bulb.

so now you have one bulb with two red wires on one end, and two yellow wires on the other end.

you split those two yellow wires, and "t" off from them, and connect those two small yellow wires to the end of the other bulb.

in the drawing, i made both pairs on one end red, to match yours. on the other end, i made one wire yellow, and the other green, jsut so you can see how they are split.

good luck!! hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
maybe this one might make more sense.

one pair of red wires to one end of one bulb, connected to each connector.

the other pair of red wires to same end of the other bulb, connected to both connectors.

split the two yellow wires at the end, so you end up with four yellow wires near the bulbs.

connect one end of the first wire, to one bulb, the other to the other bulb.

connect one end of the second yellow wire to the other connector on the first bulb, and the final yellow wire to the other bulb.

hopefully this one is easier to understand.

again, i have made one of the yellow wires "green" jsut so it's easier to see how they are split.

hope this helps!! i'm off to bed now!

Attachments

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pics later tonight when i get off of work hopefully. it is a big difference between just the halide and the halide with the vho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.