The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just finished the summer semeser at school and I have some problems with my tank. The water is great , the corals are living and well but not spreading fast. I have mushrooms and sometype of grass. They are spreading very slow. I have noticed that one of my smaller anoneme's are missing. I had a medium one and then I added a large one. A week later the medium one is missing. I have looked through the whole tank,even moved a few rocks. Can anonemes eat each other. Second the fins on my tang look like it is being attacked. But only the top, he is still swimming around and dominating the whole tank. e is eating well i have purchased pellets (New Life Spectrum-community fish formula) also I am giving him Sea weed selects once a week.

Can someone please help me with these problems. I really need some help here. I am starting a second tank and these problems are holding me up.

Andre'
p.s. i do have a tube anoneme and he looks great!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
What Kind of anenome? what kind of tang? Can you post your tank specs and water parameters for us?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It is a Yellow Tang in the tank and and condo/condy anoneme.

Also my specs are 60 Gallon Long, I have two top bio wheel filters (50 gallon=100gallon)

Airstone: 18 inch

50lbs of rock

Lighting: Coral Life 50/50 6000k and a Coral Life Blue Coral Light

Thanks you guys
Andre'

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
The lighting is the best for the anemone in that size tank. It may very well be balled up in a rock somewhere. If they die it will be like adding poison to your tank. I would really really try to find them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What type and watts on your lights? Based on what you told us you are on the very low end for keeping an anemone.
The Tube anemone will not host any clowns, it will eat them. They are cool to look at but may eat fish.
Can you post some numbers of the tank parameters?
Nitrates... What type of water do you use? RO/DI or Tap?
I would feed the tang the seaweed more often if he is not doing well. A varied diet is a good idea, some flake, mysis shrimp and the seaweed. I feed the Nori/Sushi wrap from the supermarket, the fish love it and its cheaper then the LFS brand seaweed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts