The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dazed & confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally have time to work on the 105 oceanic I bought earlier this year, got friends to come over to move it off the porch into the room I was going to work on it in. . .put it on the stand, figuring it was the easiest way tot do it since it's already been drilled and plumbing inserted, went to work on it, and can't reach the bottom, it's just too darn deep. Trying to figure out how to create a smaller stand to put it on which won't damage the plumbing (Going to try and looka t it today to see if the plumbing comes off, which'd just save me all sorts of problems). Wouldn't be so bad except for the hard PVC pipe that I'm a bit leery about cutting, don't want to break the seal to the tank.

My only other thought was to lay it on it's side, but then i got to worry about if that would hurt the integrity of the tank

Was soo excited when i got this thing, now i'm sooo frustrated LOL

·
Dazed & confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I'm gonig to try, friend looked under and said the pipes will come out. It's got a small leak, but figured i'd reseal the entire thing just to be safe.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I would put it on two furniture dollies. Then you can spin it around and move it. Makes things so much easier...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts