The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sabae anemone for about a week and a half. my tank is nearly a year old. my pramerters are good never have anything sick in my tank. my coral grows great. i have 6 t5 bulbs over my 85 gallon tank. my sabae anemone has turned upside down and stuff is coming out of its mouth. its kinda buldging outward. like making a dome shape on the side of its tenticles. it tenticles are startingto turn brown tho so i figured it was in good shape. Here is how it has been going. he has not found a home in the tank. keeps moving around. he will close up and get really small at night, a few days ago he pooped too. maybe 3-4 days ago i noticed his tenticles turning brown. but now he is upside down with stuff coming out of his mouth. he mouth is not wide open tho. i flipped him over to see the other side and his mouth closed some. he has gotten smaller but at times he will fill some of his tenticles up and they look good. so usually half of his body seems filled the other half not. now is this something i should give a few more hours or just take him out? i have read that anemones can turn over to poop but also to die. please help

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Welcome to TRT!!

Can you provide a picture please.
I'm curious to know what type of nem this is, (no such thing as a sebae).
Sounds to me like he may be expelling Zooxanthellae.

Also there is only one mouth, and what you are seeing may be DETRITUS stuck to his foot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a sebae. i googled it and it was that. i cant get my camera to work so i dont know what to do. his mouth is open i think he is dying. it was really quick tho. and he keeps flipping upside down. i would love to have anemone. any easy ones to care for?

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Sebae is a slang name for most common "H Crispa". But many people mistake Sebae for other Anemones.
And there are other Anemones that resemble H Crispa, so "Sebae" is inconclusive at best, and to get you good info its best to know exact species...:)

If you want something you could go with a LTA "Macrodactyla doreensis"
They are Hardy and a little easier than most IMO.

When you say your Params are Good what do you mean? Numbers???
Also Lighting?
These things will all dictate the health of your Anemone, as well as help decide what is best for you to keep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just did a water change but last time i checked 2-3 days ago. ammiona 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0.05. i have 6 t5 55w. 3 of them are white and 3 rae the blue looking ones

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok. his bottom end the end that stick to rocks and stuff keeps getting bigger and smaller bigger and smaller and changing shapes. but i will add more salt and see what it does

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Thats better, I thought you may have made a Typo.

If you have sand, you should make a small hole and flip him right side up then stick his foot in the hole.
he may feel more secure and safe and improve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts