The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Amigos!

It's my birthday and I'm getting gift certificates to the lfs! :dance:

I have a 240 fowlr with a 40 gallon sump stocked with a niger trigger, green bird wrasse, naso tang, hippo tang, one spot foxface rabbit and a royal gramma basslet and a few zoas.

I would like to add one of these three:

A pink tail trigger to go with my niger;
A clown tang to go with my other two tangs or
A large angel (passer or queen)

So what do you think?? :D

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Clown tang would be pretty sweet (or better yet, a sohal, which is mostly the same fish but about three times the $). I don't know much about large angels, but pink tail triggers are pretty cool too. For me, knowing my very poor ability to wait out any decision, it would probably come down to whatever I found that was first available. All other things being equal, I'd probably end up with the clown tang.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Sohal's are gorgeous! one of the LFS's here had one today, but i couldn't bring myself to buy it knowing it would outgrow my system very quickly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that sounds like me Chris; whatever is there is what I get, which drives my wife nuts.
My lfs man is evil; he must be eavesdropping on my conversations. Whatever I'm talking about getting while I'm looking around seems to appear on my next visit.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
I have to be different and put my vote behind the pink tail trigger. From what I have heard from a few people they are really cool fish with great personalities. I do not have any first hand experience though, so take that into consideration when making your decision as well.

Happy Birthday! Be sure to post pictures of whatever new fish you end up buying. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Go for diversity, get the Queen Angel!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts