The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fabulous TRT!!! How is the aquatic life for anyone!? Well I have a new dilemma for everyone. ^_^ HEHE.

My previous acrylic 40g (undrilled) tank has a bunch of dried up algae spots all over the viewing panes. It's all white and crusty. Kind of hard to scrub off and loads of work. Does anyone have any advice or techniques to take it off? I want to sell/trade it sometime in the future (*ahem* HINT HINT). I'd love to make it into another tank (either SPS or species) BUT that would make my electricity bill go up the whooooo-ha. Oh and as to why its all crusted up... I got lazy after taking the tank apart and scrubbing off the algae while it was still green. :doh:

Ah! Haha one more question. Off topic from this... Would it be over kill to have alot of Torches/Hammers/Spawns/Bubbles/etc... in tank (say.. a 40g)? And even though they are of similiar species... is there a high chance that they will sting each other? Or can I place some next to each other?

Thank you all in advance again. ^_^

·
11,345 Posts
Glass tank i assume.........Get a new razorblade out and it will take that stuff right off........if you go llok for a nice rubber handled one that will accept a 4" or so blade it works good for larger projects.
If its a acrylic tank a credit card is about as good as your going to do and even then...dont get too overzealous........make sure you are scraping flat..

AS far as the carnivorous LPS thing....pack em in there as tight as you can just dont put them so close that they touch each other when fully open......i guarantee you can put enough of them in there to make you broke(or at least spend the reefing budget in a hurry) with a little effort put into your rock work:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts