The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a fairly new tank and have about 40lb live rock. 10 Chromis, 1 yellow tang, 1 baby huma, 1 orchid dollyback, 1 baby spotted hawk, scarlet crab (stays hidden in the cracks) a few zebra crabs, and 2 clown (percu) light color version of nemo. one of them is in stress, breathing fast and has white spots (assume ick) he is eating a little but staying on the bottom and pressing up against the glass. I can get a cleaning wrass tomorrow but I under stand they die after the parasite are gone (will give him back to the pet store for free if he can take care of the clown.

Is there any thing I can do tonight to help him-out.. Freshwater dip (if so, do I use distilled with first step or stresscoat or kent marine and or cycle) or can I put ick medication in the fresh water, dip him and then place him back in the tank or will the ick med carry of of him and into the live rock? I know this is a lot of questions but I hate to loose this fish (mydaughter picked him out today to pair up with the other clown nd they are buddies so far.

p.s. please exuse the typing and spelling in a hurry to get this out. Thanks again

update: I seems over night the specs disapeared except 1 on ech side.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
treating fish in a display is hard. getting them out of displays is somethimes even harder. :(

have you tried adding garlic to the food?

i would not recommend getting a cleaner wrasse unless your tank is huge. ick is caused by stress. if you can keep the stress low, than it will go away on its own.

G~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts