The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem in my aquareef 300, I recently bought a regal tang from my local store, he was hiding in a rock so the store gave me the rock also, when I got home and put the rock in my rank the tang came out shortly followed by a domino damsel that was obviously hiding in the rock also. I don't want this fish in my tank he is very aggressive and has tried beating up everything in the tank. I have tried everything to catch him, chased him around with two nets, and also making a fish trap out of a 2 litre bottle of coke. I cannot get him! I don't think I have the nerve or skill to catch with a line and hook so that's out of the question. Any suggestions or anyone who wants to come and catch him for me? Lol. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks

·
125 Gallon Tank
1,932 Posts
ok try this, at night when ur lights are off or in the early morning turn the light ons and catch him fast cuz he will be shocked with the light so he wont move or see u

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very short post! Just caught him, been dancing around the house for the past 15 mins. So happy got him at last, he's caused nothing but problems! :) :)

·
125 Gallon Tank
1,932 Posts
how did u catch him?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eventually caught him with 2 litre coke bottle, cut the top off and invert it, hasn't worked numerous other times but today was my lucky day :)

·
125 Gallon Tank
1,932 Posts
thats great, i always liked the domino damsel but will never get any unless its only damsel tank

·
Registered
700 Posts
I would love to have a jewel damsel...they are one of the most beautifully striking fish in the atlantic.....just wish they played well with others....totally bums me out that they suck so bad as far as aggressiveness goes.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest I don't find them to be a particularly good looking fish, well when I say that there's so many more visually pleasing fish you can have that are not compatible with him. I'm just so happy to have him out of my tank. Seems a happier place for the other inhabitants already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts