The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Junkzoo said, there's some pretty smart peoples on this board so here's my plea for help ;)

I'm getting ready to email resumes but Word docs aren't the best format, I've read. I want to convert it to something else and have spent the afternoon trying to figure out what to use and trying to find a program to download. ASC11? PDF? Although I don't want to shell out the bucks for a PDF writer.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any help,

Alice

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
what OS? if it is OSX then you can save it or anything else for that matter as a PDF directly from the print screen.

if you are on a wintel box, then i am clueless right now. maybe you could send it as a .jpg. i am grasping right now.:D

G~

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
Hey ALice-

Can you save it as rich text format (rtf, that is). I'm sorry that I got to TRT so late :(

cath

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running Windows 98 Geoff, so maybe that's why I didn't understand what you said. ;)

I think rich text will work for most things, Cath. I think I'll do some trials tomorrow with rich text and plain text and email them to a few people and see what happens.

Thanks for the help :)

Alice

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
no, the typical adobe acrobat download is only a viewer, the writer is a few hundred bucks.

alice, you can also use word to convert to .html and send the document as a webpage, that'll be viewable in the browser.

that's how most junk mail is sent nowadays :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.