The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Sir Master Deuter the 3rd
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lion fish is just flopping around:confused: sometimes he'll just sit on the sand and just mope around
Other times he'll let the powerheads tumble him around and he doesn't even try to swim that much at all! He'll even flote up-side down! However the other fish are perfectly happy. I think he's depressed!:bigw:
How can I cheer him up?:jester:

-Deuter:read:

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do i stop him from dying?

·
Enjoy it now
4,085 Posts
How do i stop him from dying?
find the cause

what are your parameters? What kind of method do you have to introduce oxygen? You have a sump, right? the rushing of drainining water should be sufficient to provide 02 to the water.

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a wet dry, I can see micro bubbles so he has got to have enough oxygen. all of my parameters are normal. I feed thawed brine shrimp, he ate yesterday, today he's not eating, he just let the little guys float right by him:(

·
Enjoy it now
4,085 Posts
I have a wet dry, I can see micro bubbles so he has got to have enough oxygen. all of my parameters are normal. I feed thawed brine shrimp, he ate yesterday, today he's not eating, he just let the little guys float right by him:(
How long have you had the fish? Is he a new acquisition? Did you acclimate him well-enough you think?

Can you take your water to a LFS and ask them to verify the readings of your tests?

One other thing that comes to mind is that the fish might be stressed. Or it was just his time to go unfortunately.

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had the lion fish for about 3 weeks, he's the newest. However the first couple of weeks he has be swimming around all happy and the last week he's gotten more and more sad and slow moving. I just did a 25% water change. I'm going to do what you said Darth and take my water up and get it tested again.

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took some water and the only thing wrong was my ph was about 1 point too low and alk was just a tad high. So nothing is off so bad that it would make him die. The LFS guy said to prolly get a UV in my tank, maybe he was just trying to make some money lol I don't know.

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's still breathing but just laying there let's all hope he makes it!

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you think if I had a UV sterlizer it would help for further situations like this one?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts