The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new goby is in the back of my aquapod! Please tell me this has happened to you and you know how to get him out! He is in the last chamber where the pump is. We have taken out the pump and discovered a little "cave" that goes under the next chamber. This is where his is, so there is no way to reach or see him. I just got him yesterday so I do not know his favorite food. . .:help:

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
not sure about the aquapod but the bio cube has a false floor in the second chamber that can be pulled up so i would try that.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
get a net that fits across the bottom of the chamber he is not in. Put something in the chamber he is in, like the handle if anther net, and he'll swim right through the opening into the net. I got my yellow watchman several times that way. It seems that once he discovered that"cave" he kept wanting to go back so often I finally took him back, which was a bummer because they are so cute! If you don't have the right size net, he'll be ok for a while. I thought mine was dead for over 2 weeks before I found him. I think he was quite happy in there! (I have a peppermint shrimp that crawled into there and he is pretty happy living of the debris that collects back there so I decided to leave him)

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
And it helps to have someone else hold a flashlight into the chamber, you can easily see him and he'll get a little disoriented which will make the whole procces easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we tried putting a piece of a fish stick in a net (without the breading. ;P) but he wasn't having it. . . I eventually had to go to work and my husband had to take over.

He used a bent hanger (no sharp edges!) to flush him out and after a few attempts he was able to net him *whew*. I had no idea that area was down there, I guess that is where the other sponge is supposed to go, but still, that just seems like a design flaw. I would have to remove the pump every time I wanted to clean the sponge.

Now. . . if only I could figure out where my pom pom crab went. . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts