The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' Everyone!

I currently have a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder that I LOVE! Unfortunately, the mechanic says it's time to trade it in. I was hoping to get 3 more years out of this until Patti finished college. So I don't want to(can't) spend $35K on another Pathfinder. I looked at the Nissan Xterra and I really liked it except for the fact that you can't have a sun roof. Then I read an article that said that they drive more like a truck than a car. I have no intention of ever going off road, but we need 4 wheel drive up here and I need to be able to put things in the back if necessary, so a "car" is out of the question. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look at? (please don't say Ford).

Thanx ;)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far, the Honda CR-V seems to be beating out the Xterra. Even though it can't be taken off road. I have to look at that Pilot next.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears that the Pilot is Honda's version of the Pathfinder. VERY nice, but bigger than I need, and too pricey for what I'm looking for. Does anyone have one of these CR-V's?

·
Administrator
46,835 Posts
The price tag on most all these is really outrageous. The Hondas are good value for the $ You might look at the Hyundai Sante Fe, they have gotten better and like the Kia Sportage have long warrenties. Since Ford seems to be outta the running you might look at the Subaru line of AWD wagons, tho I dont consider them SUVs
Might be worth looking at Hertz sales, might find something nice you like thats discounted with remaining warrenty

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
get a toyota fj cruiser....they are very nice, plenty of room, plenty of off road capability. Or you could check out the toyota 4runner.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
My wife's Equinox by Chevy is pretty good and great on gas.I have the trailblazer and It's great but gas mileage sucks,Her SUV is only 2" shorter and has more passenger room but less cargo area (which I need).It comes in 2 wheel or AWD.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Check out the Toyota Highlander, since it is build on a car frame the ride is smooth and you have the option of 4WD, nice, roomy and not too pricy.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I test drove the CR-V today and I really like it! Even though it's a 4 cylinder it was pretty peppy and the ride was very smooth. Unfortunatly The dealer and I couldn't come to terms. There are 6 other Honda dealers in the general area, so I'm going to focus on that vehicle for now. Thanx for your input everyone!:wavey:

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
New For 2006
The 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer adds the SS powered by a 395-horsepower LS2 6.0-liter V8 engine with 20-inch wheels, sport-tuned suspension, unique exterior styling, specific interior appointments and available with all-wheel drive. StabiliTrak is standard on all TrailBlazer trims levels and the LT receives new front and rear fascias, grille, headlights, rocker panels and side moldings. <!--"''"-->

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New For 2006
The 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer adds the SS powered by a 395-horsepower LS2 6.0-liter V8 engine with 20-inch wheels, sport-tuned suspension, unique exterior styling, specific interior appointments and available with all-wheel drive. StabiliTrak is standard on all TrailBlazer trims levels and the LT receives new front and rear fascias, grille, headlights, rocker panels and side moldings. <!--"''"-->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
And all this along with a 12 MPG highway rating!:doh:

CR-V-Fuel Tank Capacity: 15.3 gal.; EPA Mileage Estimates: 22 mpg / 27 mpg; Range in Miles: 336.6 mi. / 413.1 mi. (Not bad for an SUV eh?) (kinda has wussy wheels!)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who cares about fuel economy. If we were worried about wasting money we wouldn't own reef tanks.

Besides here is the real rated fuel economy.
15/19 and $32K? A bit out of my price range this time around. Thanx though! It's a nice truck!

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
wussy, Its wimp and (uh) gender specific (female) combined into one word. Sorry, doug.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wussy, Its wimp and (uh) gender specific (female) combined into one word.
Ummm.. 98% of the time it will be driven by my wife. I have a work truck and my toy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
GET THE HONDA!! The car I have now (pontiac G6) is my first non honda car...I've had it for about a year and all I want is my civic. If you're the kind of person that likes to keep a car for a long time it's honda all the way. My last civic was third hand (moms brothers then mine) When I was 17 I destroyed the front end of the car, it has about 190,000 miles on it and was 10 years old and still ran like a champ (NY to Michigan many times)

I actually still have it just kind of sitting in the parking lot and if you jump it it'll still run, and run well. The only reason I got the pontiac is because my hubby insisted I get a new a car.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts