The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finished getting all the equipment for the upgrade from a fish only to reef tank ,which coral should a novice get NOTE: I also have turbo snails and a emerald crab in tank beside a tangs and clownfish

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Welcome to TRT! Could you tell us about the system. Such as size, age, lighting, and other equipment. All of these help determine what would be good in a reef tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
75 gallon ,rena filastar 3, topfin powerfilter 60, protein skimmer ,and highpower marine glow lighting
its about 8 months old

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Not familiar with the lighting. You can definately do mushrooms and sponges cause they do good even in low light. Green star polyps, zenia should do well. Most lps I love my branching hammer tho he was slow to acclimate and hates being bothered. Torches are nice. Zoas have awesome color and you could probably do brain corals. Just make sure you research what you buy. Many corals need space so they don't fight.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,658 Posts
Could you please elaborate on your light? Is it MH? Power compact? VHO? T5? Some combanation? What are the wattage of the bulbs, and how many do you have?

Also, I wouldn't get a decritive sponge, they can be really touchy and don't survive in most systems IME.

Thanks,
Whiskey

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Get some zoanthids and some mushrooms. No matter what type of lighting you may have they will thrive. MH / T5 / VHO / PC.

But be sure your tank is established and parameters are stable.

Goodluck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts