The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a large sail fin tang and a large yellow tang. 2 percula clowns a lm blenny, small coral beauty, spotted goby and a valentine puffer. What should I add. I have a 125 gallon. all fish are happy and healthy. After years I lost my butterfly and would like to get something unique and cool to add to the tank. Any ideas???

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Some fish that glows in the dark would be cool. :)

Is this in your reef tank? So you would need a fish that is coral friendly, correct?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
Jeremy1973 said:
Some fish that glows in the dark would be cool. :)
don't laugh i am planning on trying to keep a few flashlight fish in my tank.

have you looked into any of the Genicanthus angels? a tile fish would be nice. make sure your top is covered and they are eating at the LFS. some like the skunk are much easier to feed than the purple ones.

G~

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are some that glo in the dark? Yes for the reef, But I am just going with softies, polyps, leathers and I think that is all. I am interested in the glowing fish though

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Twitterbait said:
Actually... i wouldn't add anything. you have a good amount of fish in there already.
I second this idea, looks like you have a good bioload already; but if you have to have a new fish make it a small one.

:fish:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I currently have a large sail fin tang and a large yellow tang. 2 percula clowns a lm blenny, small coral beauty, spotted goby and a valentine puffer.
I thought Puffers weren't reef safe? I want a puffer, but was told and read that they are not safe, for fish only tank?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
the smaller puffers are semi-reef safe. it is the bigger ones that will munch and destroy any living tissue, a lot like triggers only a cuter face. :D

the smaller puffers/tobies are more pickers if kept fed they may not nip at corals.

G~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts