The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good websites with specific fish info? I've got a fish that I'm just crazy about, the LFS store told me he's a possum wrasse but I cant find any info on him & this LFS does seem to name things incorrectly. He's the cutest little fish, about 2 inches long, kind of pinkish in color with a pointy nose & bulging eyes, he's got black dots circled in white on his fins with yellow edging. That's the best description I can come up with from memory right now. He's been real hardy, he's survived ich & copper treatment & is the only fish of mine that has lived from the beginning.

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
I have a possum wrasse (arrowhead pygmy wrasse). They only get to about 2"....beautiful little fish, if you can't get a nice red one. Very well behaved. Mine is a really late riser.....don't really see too much of him until around 4 p.m. on the weekends (he's out and about when I get home from work during the week). If you do a search on arrowhead or possum, you should be able to find my post with pictures of him.

He's very well behaved and peaceful. Definitely an awesome reef fish.

Jodi

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jodi - I did go look at your picture - the red is very pretty, mine is more pink but I notice that he changes color a lot, he likes to lay in the crevices of the rocks & sleep & he'll get real deep maroon then fade to pink when swimming around. He's such an awesome fish - my favorite for sure!!!
I doubt I would ever find another one but do you know if you can have more than one in the tank?

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
The possum wrasse only gets like 2 inches? Sounds like a good nano fish. Where did you find him. I think my son would like a companinon for his 10 gal nano which currently houses a red headed goby.

Ray

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's shy & likes to lay on the rocks & sleep but when he's awake he swims around quite a bit. He's my favorite fish mostly because he's been real hardy & he's so unique. Petland is on George Busby Pky. across from the walmart. Take 75N to Barrett Pky exit - turn left in the lane that says "to George Busby" & it's on the right just past the mall. Both Chris the fish manager & Syed are very helpful, I'll warn you though, the place is a zoo on the weekends.

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
I'm not sure if you can have more than one in a tankt. They are very passive fish. The only thing that I can find on them says that a single male can live with females, but that they should be introduced at the same time.....so I'm not sure if I would risk such a pretty little fish.

Jodi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.