The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the photo gal. there is a black and white trigger with big black eyes. You know when you see something for the first time and it just grabs you. I can't stop looking at that pic. I WANT THAT FISH!!!!!!

Is this trigger retail in the USA and if so who is the best online delivery site?

I love Huma Triggers but they hard to tell the disposition while in the shop. I had one 10 years ago that use to do figure 8's just before feeding time " like a dog playing and jumping around" drop a comet, shrimp, molly for desert and was like a dog chasing a ball. then after about an hour playing a few figure 8' in the back of the tank and then to bed, side-ways on his favorite rock algie bed and out went the main lights, it sounds nuts, but in a round about way he was telling me when it was ok to shut off the light.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
that is a Rhinecanthus rectangulus.

a brute of a fish. unless your tank is absolutley massive it should be the only fish in the tank. they can be quite aggressive. they are also voracious eaters of just about anything in the tank. :D

G~

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goals just updated

I am rebuilding our den, and I found a od-ball 156 gal. would this be big enough. Unless my 75 is big enough. What type of price range are they.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
here is some good info on them.

i have seen them close to a foot long, so i am not sure what they are saying about a 20g tank being big enough. :rolleyes: the 156 would be a great choice for this fish and something bigger. the problem with fish like this is that trying to add new fish to an aquarium with a brute like this can be tricky. the 156 will help with this.

G~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts