The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
50G,RO,HOB Skim, PhosRctr
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced my Diamond Watchman Goby on Tuesday and he immediately dissapeared and I have not seen him since and now it is Thursday. I did a little cleaning yesterday and picked up as many rocks I could to see if I could find him but I have so many rocks that I could not move a couple without really disrupting the tank. He is a replacement and I know the other had some good tunnels, so my question is do I wait it out and hope he is alive still or make sure he is by searching again so if he is dead I can remove his carcass???

·
Registered
169 Posts
Look from under the tank to see if you can see him in a tunnel somewhere before doing anything else.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
A lot of fish will hide for a while when newly introduced. I personally wouldnt go looking for him. If you have a good CUC, a goby could easily be taken care of in less than a day. I doubt he is dead, but you could do some w/c just in case. But I highly suggest to not move anymore rocks because if he is hiding under the sand and a rick falls, you could easily kill him.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would leave him alone. My watchman hangs in his tunnels a lot. He stayed hidden for 4 days. He still hides for a day or so at a time. Now watchmans are jumpers so make sure you look around the outside of the tank as well. If you keep disturbing him it will only stress it more. Look at night with a flash light. Mine is very active pod hunting at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts