The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Majestic Angel didn't like a new fish and she developed Ich. She has the typical 9:00 pm horrors with the spots on fins dramatically showing, darting, and scratching. Removed the new fish and have been treating with Cupramine for 3 weeks with no results. I even ordered and shipped overnight the Cupramine test kit so I would know for sure that I had treatment at recommended theraputic level.

Have done all the usual tricks ... Lowered salinity, raised temperature to 82, reduced hours of lighting, soaked food with garlic and Selcon. Did a partial water change after initial 2 week treatment and then re-dosed.

In the "olden days" we used SeaCure by Aquarium Systems. Tried locating the stuff but no LFS in Houston, TX carries it. Marine Depot never even heard of the stuff and can't find a working phone number for the company.

The Angel is still eating but scratching so badly she damaged an eye and fins. Marine Beta may be developing some spots on fins but hard to tell. Other tank mates seem o.k.

LFS suggested removing Cupramine, doing partial water change, and treating with Quick Cure.

Need ideas and/or suggestions before I remove Cupramine and start new treatment.

(BTW tank is a very established 75 gallon fish only)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Do you have a qt tank set up? I dont know much about ich but maybe a product like rid ich would help. Or searching older ich threads on here.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Use Marine-Max by Tropical Science. Although it is primarily a preventative, I have successfully used it after the fish got Ich.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts