The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pink and blue spotted goby yesterday and he didn't respond to the flake food last night or this morning. When I got home from work tonight I tried some frozen brine shrimp and still nothing, what should I try to coax the fish into eating and where can I get it? All the advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Frozen mysis. Sometimes it takes a day or two for a fish to settle in and start eating.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Sometimes upto a week before they get comfortable enough to start eating in a new tank. Sometimes you have to try to offer a few types. Any idea what they were feeding it at the store?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dnt know what they fed before I bought it. I tried the frozen mysis this morning and still nothing. Hopefully it's appetite will come back. This is the first fish I've bought that hasn't wanted to eat anything. Thanks for the help though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My goby started to eat! I'm glad. Although he only likes to eat the big pieces of flakes. Oh well as long as it's eating

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Good to hear. I'm sure as it gets more adjusted it will eat the small flakes too;)

Obviously you don't want to overfeed but make sure to vary what your offering it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um, unfortunately my computer doesn't like to connect to the Internet well anymore so I can't post pics from there. I use my phone to get on here, and even if it was up and running I have been computer illiterate about postin pics in forum conversations lol. Maybe if I figure out how I'll take a pic with my phone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts