The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have coralife cf 65 watt 10,000k x 65 watt treue actinic 03 blue, it's 24 inch, all my parameters are within the norm. It's been in my tank for 2 weeks. I know they take some time to adjust but this thing just does not look good. I've been keeping a good eye on him for his flesh to turn to goo and start to fall off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Those short stubby tentacles that you are seeing is a sign of starvation. Starvation can also be caused from over feeding. Over feeding an anemone will cause it to regurgitate the food later (sometimes several hours later). This usually goes unnoticed because your CUC takes care of it.

What were you feeding, how often and what sized portions?

How long has this system been up and running? We also need water parameters..with actual numbers.

Also, what lighting was this anemone kept under before you got it? What size tank do you have this anemone in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the anemone is not healthy and has refused to eat but I've tried to feed it krill, my-sis, and brine shrimp the krill no bigger than 1/4 in. My system has been up and running for over 2 years. the tank is a 26 gal bow front. The anemone was under a mh at my fish guy's store. It was very healthy looking in his tank.
My parameters
spec grav. 1.024
temp 78 f
Alkalinity 9 dkh
Ammonia (NH3) none
Nitrite none
Phosphate .2 ppm
Calcium 360 ppm
Magnesium around 1250ish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts