The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the hobby. Tank has been set up for about 7 months now, i am currently running a coralife dual linear power compact hood. 4 bulbs. 2 10k and 2 actinic. To much disappointment i am desperate to change the bulbs for colour and appearance. The tank looks too yellow. I've been curious as to which bulbs you think i should use. debating using the following set up:

BACK OF TANK

uri 65w pc 75.25 uri 65w pc 75.25
uri 65w pc 50/50 uri 65w pc 50/50

FRONT OF TANK

Should i substitute the 75.25s for super actinic and the 5050s for actinic white?
any suggestions and help appreciated thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i have the same fixture except in the two bulb. for one id put your actinics up front. but i run a 420/460 actinic mix in the front bulb, and a 10000 k in the back. check out my profile its got a pic of the tank and the color it puts out. let me know wha tyou think

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
and what do you have in your tank? if i was you id save up some money for either t5ho's or a halide fixture. I dont care for my pc's too much heat for the amount of light they put out, and the bulbs are rather expensive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is a 420/460 bulb? is taht a super actinic with 75.25? i want to upgrade to t5 so bad but the money is ridiculous....i am keeping soft corals like mushrooms and polyps right now and fish....about 60 lbs of live rock and 35 lbs of live sand....your tank looks great imo

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the website i found is poseidon warehouse.com and the bulbs are uvl. fairly cheap too. unsure about the site as there is no contact info. But they sell bulbs that ive never seen combo's for before. the original post i put would be something like this.

Front

Actinic 03
12k act white
actinic 03
75/25 (i belive its a purple bulb)

BACK

im so confused

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
problem with that site is i don't want to buy another coralife bulb again in my life. i am using them right now and they burn out quick. i wanna try out the uvl bulbs as i read nothing but great things about them. i am also running a straight pin setup for my pcs. i wouldn't mind trying 2 67k/10k paired with two 420/460 bulbs. then i would have full spectrum in my tank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know if i can use 22" inch pc bulbs in my coralife 48" hood or do i have to use the 21" bulbs? i can't seem to find anything stating a difference between the two sizes....except the fact that i can get the bulbs i want in the 22" size...just worried perhaps the ballasts won't support the bulbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.