The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought home a huge hammer frag and found my peppermint shrimp eating it. Noticed it relatively quickly and took action. Removed one shrimp, but couldnt catch the other one. So the hammer has been quarantined for safety, but is all sucked up. Will it be okay? I have a torch with the same issue, but didnt know why it was acting up. Assuming the shrimp got to it too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All is good, shrimp has been captured, hammer is back out, with a couple arms missing it looks like, but looks like its okay. As for the torch, ive had it a couple months, and it started acting weird about a week ago. Im not hopeful for it, but will be watching it. Not giving up on it. Its not a water issue im sure, we actually saw the shrimp picking at the hammer and pulling off pieces within a couple hours, if that, of its introduction. Up until then it looked fine.

·
125 Gallon Tank
1,932 Posts
weird i thought they are reef safe

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is it a true peppermint shrimp? There are several species sold under that name.

Lysmata wurdemanni is the true peppermint shrimp and is reef safe. The other species have been known to misbehave in reef tanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take C for $2.99 each, Bob...... lol. Guess we all know what the issue was.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts