The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Foxface that hasn't eaton and looks like he cant breath hes bin on the sandbed and at time i see it on top of the water. It has gon on its side yeah a sign of death? can i do anything?.. Hes bin out of wack sinc he got stressd by a cat i was sitting at the time, kittn was putting his paw in my reef tank streesing out my foxface. My water is top notch everything is at 0 salinity is 1.024. Any help would be great thx

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Does he have any signs of external infection or parasites? Any chance the kittie paw could have put some chemical in the water? Honestly by the time they get that listless it doesn't usually bode well. I might try a waterchange or run carbon in case there is a contaminant in the water.

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Is he swimming or laying listless. I got the impression he was laying in the sand and then almost floating. If he is at the surface and having trouble breathing it could be a sign of low dissolved oxygen. Pointing a powerhead up for more surface agitation can help with this. Is the temp stable? a fried heater can warm up a tank and lower dissolved O2. Just brainstorming for a cause at this point. Is his color still good?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 30g yes 2 small was going to move him to a bigger tank later. i have a fluval 305, skimmer AquaC protein skimmers with the maxi 1200 pump, a korrilia 2 i think flow is good? Temp is ushaly 75.5 - 76.60 when light are on (sundial).

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Oh, you are probably not getting much traffic in this section. This section is actually the area for suggestions and feedback of the website. A mod could move it to general reef discussion where more would see it but there may not be any on at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.