The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have this feather macro algae in my aquarium and it's driving me crazy. I have a refugium (reverse day light) w/ the grape macro algae but the feather just grows like crazy and interferes w/ the corals, etc. I was thinking of getting a fish to help eliminate the algae (or at least control it). I have a purple tang who's been in the tank for about 5 years and he's fairly agressive (although he's only about 4" long - kind of a runt - including tail). I also have a 6 line wrasse and a little mandrin gobi. I have a 100 gallon TruVu w/ a 40 gallon sump/refugium.

What kind of fish would be the best for my tank?

Please respond and thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, with Piero, I'd be worried about the part that was sticking up when ya put his head in the tank - ya never know what might happen :)

I'll have to make it to Portland to get a fish. I think that the probability of getting my purple tang out is diminishingly small. Actually, now that I think about it, he wasn't too bad when I had a sailfin tang in the tank, it was my wifes very nasty Clarke clown that did the sail fin in.

Is there anyone in town you'd trust not to have a quaranteen tank? I'll look into another Sailfin or possibly a Rabbit Fish (I'll have to look that one up).

Any other suggestions?

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.